What are you eating right now?

A companion to the "What are you drinking right now?" thread.

I just finished a bowl of vegetarian stew with kale, broccoli, parsnips, summer squash, and black beans over jasmine rice. K1 made it, and it tastes better than it sounds.

Well now

It's a cold chicken/ham sandwich!! It's hot muggy here... Good way to cool off.

Where can I find the best tasting BBQ anywhere between CO springs and Ks?? It's a desolate area truly...
But springs or any big town in-between would do

I have been nibbling these Archway soft frosted lemon cookies. They are addictive.

And recently feeding my fancy cheese habit with a new favorite, "Bellavitano" cheese, which is amazing. I made myself a little sandwich with challah bread, smoked sausage and merlot bellavitano for lunch, and tried not to think too hard about whether putting sausage containing pork, on delicious Jewish egg bread, makes me a horrible person...

Roasted yellow squash with just a hint of seasoned salt

Today I made Hamburger Helper for the first time in about thirty years. I can't believe I used to think that was food.

Heh... When I was a teenager, I would come home from school hungry and make a pan of Hamburger Helper (cheeseburger macaroni!) and eat the whole pan of it all by myself. For a snack.

I can tolerate it now, but only a little bowl of it...and it's definitely not as appealing as it used to be.

My present persistent craving has been for some kind of stir fried meat, noodles, and sauce, maybe a few black beans in it if I'm feeling frisky. White sticky rice, cream cheese wontons. I make this at home, but I can get something very similar at HuHot (mongolian grill all you can eat place.) I don't like vegetables, so my stir fry food is weird to most people. I've discovered that I really love putting this Korean BBQ sauce in it...

I don't like going to most Asian restaurants where it's a struggle to communicate that I don't want veggies in my food...but I do like the ones where you can build your own bowl of whatever and they'll just fry it up for you. Makes things so much easier for me.

HuHot sounds like a place where I'd like to eat. :)

HuHot sounds like a place where I'd like to eat. :)

Yeah, Zen and I have lunch plans there for Wednesday, I'm looking forward to it. We try to go only for lunch, you get the same food as dinnertime, but it costs significantly less...

Yesss, it's good to get a discount

Mrs made me a delicious turkey and cheese sandwich when I realized about an hour ago that I hadn't eaten all day!

Tofu and broccoli stir fry. I made a really yummy teriyaki sauce.

Leftovers from the dinner Zen took me out to the other night... We revisited this French restaurant, Mimi's. Got my usual, Tillamook creamy cheddar mac, with chicken and bacon. It's actually penne, but whatever, it's amazing.

Just finished some awesome vegetarian Buffalo wings (yes, they exist).

Teriyaki Beef Jerky

Archway soft frosty lemon cookies.

Help. I can't stop.

Back