Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM

They're caught up in the NRE and not thinking straight obviously. They have acknowledged this but if this baby happens, you're right, there's no stopping it from continuing. Thetes also no way of knowing if he's going to,meet someone else down the line and start making babies with her too! I suppose there is no point in fearing all these what ifs but I'm already feeling insecure enough and I can't help these thoughts. In the short term I guess I just need to go back to dealing with my.own jealousy and insecurity when they have sex without me, but wondering if its going to lead to more children makes it even more difficult. I currently have three children depending on me and a neighbours kid over and H and G are both working late and I feel overwhelmed. I should be focusing on the kids, I want to be, and instead I'm just anemotional train wreck. Trying to keep it together so the kids don't see. God I'm tired.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Official Greeter

Amen, BoringGuy.

And GalaGirl, good point about the ECP, etc.

Re:
Quote:
"There's also no way of knowing if he's going to meet someone else down the line and start making babies with her too!"
All too true ...

Really, really sorry about all this. Does not sound good.

Last edited by kdt26417; 03-19-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the breakdown gala girl, just seeing your reply now. While ECP is still an option, I don't feel like its for me to even suggest, not my body and all, and H probably wouldbt go for it. She wants his babies. We are all going to talk tonight when the kids are asleep and they get home from work. I don't know how productive it will be, but maybe i will try writing some things down so I don't lose control of my emotions and say things that I don't mea. Or are counterproductive. Deep breaths.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleboots View Post
I joke that if he were a superhero he would be procreation man, inspiring everyone he meets to reproduce.

Quote:
She wants his babies.
Geez. Babies are NOT fuck-trophies, they are human beings. This is gross.

Last edited by BoringGuy; 03-19-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 PM

And boringguy, I know, I feel like I'm the only one being an adult about this, and considering my state, that does not bode well. What about the 3 current kids? Adding H as another parent in the household might be easyish with my son, as he is only 2, but the others are older, their parents broke up three years ago and they gained a stepparent. Another one now? And when the NRE ends is their relationship strong enough to withstand parenting at all, let alone parenting such an unconventional blended family? Yeah, they weren't thinking. Someone should stop them. But I can't, no one can.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
but so many people do it for the wrong reasons, and they're not even equipped to take care of themselves, let alone one or more totally helpless and dependent creatures who did not ask to be brought into existence.
That's true, except it is unlikely to stop people once they get it into their minds to do it, the desire to reproduce is a very strong drive, even if people are terribly ill equipped to raise a child.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
And boringguy, I know, I feel like I'm the only one being an adult about this, and considering my state, that does not bode well. What about the 3 current kids? Adding H as another parent in the household might be easyish with my son, as he is only 2, but the others are older, their parents broke up three years ago and they gained a stepparent. Another one now? And when the NRE ends is their relationship strong enough to withstand parenting at all, let alone parenting such an unconventional blended family? Yeah, they weren't thinking. Someone should stop them. But I can't, no one can.

I'm glad you don't feel like I'm attacking you, because I'm not. I really feel helpless on your behalf. Granted, you did make choices that got you where you are, but you all need to deal with the situation MOVING FORWARD, as you seem to understand, and recklessly making babies like there's no tomorrow in sight is just... it makes me ache for the current and potential children and the fact that there is nothing in your or my power we can do about it..
Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
That's true, except it is unlikely to stop people once they get it into their minds to do it, the desire to reproduce is a very strong drive, even if people are terribly ill equipped to raise a child.
Yes I realize that. It's very unfortunate.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
We are all going to talk tonight when the kids are asleep and they get home from work. I don't know how productive it will be, but maybe i will try writing some things down so I don't lose control of my emotions and say things that I don't mea. Or are counterproductive. Deep breaths.

Best of luck with that, it is SO hard to be rational when pregnant and the stress can be overwhelming., this just is not the time to be accused of being irrational or the like.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
Best of luck with that, it is SO hard to be rational when pregnant and the stress can be overwhelming., this just is not the time to be accused of being irrational or the like.
I think we can all validate the OP to the effect that this is NOT "pregnant irrationality". It is VERY RATIONAL what she's thinking, whether pregnant or not.

Tags
jealousy, new relationship energy, triad