View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight View Post
Be a good friend to Gia and Eric's child and you won't mind so much missing the birth.
This. I can confidently say that there is NO ONE who is more devoted and close to our littlest, than GG. He wasn't there in the moments she was born. He didn't see her body slide from mine.
But, he hasn't missed a day in the almost 4 years since and those days are overwhelmingly more significant and bonding than the day of birth.

She adores him. Not a morning goes by that she doesn't run to his room to wake him up and not a night goes by that she doesn't wait for him to tuck her in and read her a story.

She's a daddy's girl (with Maca) but her bond with GG is just as significant as her bond to her daddy and I daresay, more significant to her than her bond with me!

Don't underestimate the love of a child.

My 11 year old is the same way with GG and he wasn't at that birth either. He's not closer to ANYONE than he is to GG. That's GG's "little buddy" and they're like peas in a pod, not to mention inseparable. The time after the baby is born is SOOOOO much more important.

HUGS!