View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Hi everyone.

This is my dilemma.

I'm 22 years old and engaged to a man I love very, very much. But I am unhappy. I never saw love and sex as exclusive to one another, and I guess I never thought much of it. However I am slowly becoming more aware of how I feel about physical monogamy. It goes against every instinct I have. I'm distracted by desire for a physical relationship with other people to the point where I cannot function and I am becoming unhappy in my relationship as I feel like the monogamy is against my nature.

My fiancÚ knows nothing of this. He is quite insecure and easily made jealous and don't know how to tell him. I don't think he is going to understand that I love him to no end but am not wired to only have sex with one person for the rest of my life.

It's at the point where I find myself preparing to justify cheating to preserve his happiness and regain my own.

Help?
Sounds EXACTLY like where I was a year and change ago. Spookily so.

Very long, sordid story short: hardcore mono and emerging poly do not mix.

If you want to know the details and feel like they'd help, shoot me a PM.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."