Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 10:09 AM

Default calling all polyartists (any kind of art)

I have just started a new group "polyartists" for those wanting a place to interchange ideas, inspire and be inspired, inform of upcoming shows and events... especially with a polyamorous theme or component.
I'll be happy to see you there!
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson
Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 AM

A friend of mine has written a poem entitled “Boundless Love” (http://jimmsfairytales.com/islands.htm, last poem on the page – so far). I've already submitted it on a poetry thread on here. I think that it would be good turned into a song. (Its subtitle is “A Polyamory Song”.) So I was wondering if anybody on here with musical talent would be interested in setting it to music. (If turned into a song, it needs a middle eight, which I'm sure he'd be willing to write extra lyrics for.)
If you’re interested, he can be contacted via the e-mail address on his homepage... or via me, here on polyamory.com.
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 PM

Hmmm... I'm not sure I can fit poly themes into experimental lo-fi drone/doom...

Atomic Tangerine - Guitar and amp blog.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 PM

Wow, what a great idea for a thread / group!

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a Poly Art Festival somewhere?--With poly-themed art and poly artists in every medium expressing themselves.: Music, dance, photography, painting, film....

River's Blog
Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 AM

I'm a musician, but never anything poly related. Don't really have the creative mind to be able to do that.
=]
Old 02-27-2011, 03:43 AM

I laughed out loud yesterday when I realized that a creative project I worked on last year could be interpreted as being about poly. Must've been in my subconscious while making it. It is still unfinished but I hope to complete it this year. I think that when I am ready to approach it and complete the project (finally), I can make some adjustments to bring poly more to the forefront of its theme while still staying true to my original vision. Cool!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-28-2011, 05:17 AM

hey, just thought I would bring this thread to your attention. I merged your thread with it but then realized you were attempting to achieve something different... and moved it back. Still the link might be interesting as it is on artists that are on this forum.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747
Old 03-03-2011, 07:06 PM

I write short stories, from time to time, totally unpublished so far. Only one has had a remotely poly theme though - a minor side character had two boyfriends. The main focus of several stories has been around a character with mental illness (even though I do not set out to exclusively write stories around any cause whether it be mental illness of poly...) I just want to write stories that are worth reading...
Old 03-10-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I write short stories, from time to time, totally unpublished so far. Only one has had a remotely poly theme though - a minor side character had two boyfriends. The main focus of several stories has been around a character with mental illness (even though I do not set out to exclusively write stories around any cause whether it be mental illness of poly...) I just want to write stories that are worth reading...
As I see it, polyamory is still a fairly new concept in the mind of the public at large. I think that pamphleteering can be counterproductive, but I do think that it would be a good thing if this concept - treated sympathetically - began to trickle into the collective consciousness.

"The love that dare not speak its name" is a phrase which used to refer to homosexuality. Look how far we've come from that... even if all but 3 (3, including the homosexual) members of my family still believe that homosexuality is a sin, an illness, and a disgrace.

So I'm all for major or minor characters in stories quietly getting on with polyamory, not necessarily making an issue of it. Good luck to you!

p.s. I started another thread on here about children's stories that mention or hint at polyamory.
- old Chinese proverb
~ Anais Nin