Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 PM

Welcome esedkudiln.

Wow, what a cluster of a thread. Oh well. Not quite the typical welcome, but it appears you haven't run from the boards, so congrats.

I was curious when I read your original post. I could relate to parts of it. See, I've always thought of myself as a closet swinger. My wife and I spent 9 years being happy being monogamous, but we would talk about including other people in our life (possibly an open marriage). If she had ever strayed (cheated?) on me, I potentially could've chosen to see it as an opportunity to talk about opening our marriage. I can never stand lying or cheating, so if we want to have sex outside of marriage, lets just talk about it, and have it in the open, right?

Still, I can see where your original post is going. But (as has been said before), talk to her about it. Maybe it was a one-time event, but if you're "cool with it", then maybe you two can make something more of it. Whether you want someone permanent in your lives, or just permanently open your marriage to other "possibilities", that remains up to you two.

Good luck!
Tech
Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
He asked for feedback, not a full on assault and accusations about the nature of his relationship.
Fair enough; but I was fixated on terminology and vocabulary. I just re-read my posts and I can't find a single instance of ME assaulting or accusing the OP in regard to the nature of his relationship. (Except when I accused him of making passive-aggressive comments. That was not in regard to the nature of his relationship however.)

I don't control what other people write. I am not responsible for what Mono and RP say, or anyone else but myself.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:12 PM

Thanks Tech, cool comment. I need to run now but I'll be back with a more elaborate response, probably also after having talked to my fiancee over skype tomorrow.

And YGirl, thanks for the change in tone, but given what you just wrote in PM it's hard to take that seriously. Do you want to expose what you just called me in PM, or shall I?
Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Fair enough; but I was fixated on terminology and vocabulary. I just re-read my posts and I can't find a single instance of ME assaulting or accusing the OP in regard to the nature of his relationship. (Except when I accused him of making passive-aggressive comments. That was not in regard to the nature of his relationship however.)

I don't control what other people write. I am not responsible for what Mono and RP say, or anyone else but myself.
Fair enough. Your accusations were about how he reacted to things.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esedkudiln View Post
Thanks Tech, cool comment. I need to run now but I'll be back with a more elaborate response, probably also after having talked to my fiancee over skype tomorrow.

And YGirl, thanks for the change in tone, but given what you just wrote in PM it's hard to take that seriously. Do you want to expose what you just called me in PM, or shall I?
Why don't you go ahead and "expose" what I said. I'm sure everyone else is dying to know.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Fair enough. Your accusations were about how he reacted to things.
Touche. But as I've said before, it's not the same as violating someone's civil rights. I have no power to actually DO anything to the OP.

I've explained myself to the best of my ability. I now declare myself absolved and excuse myself from further responsibility.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

I'm just calling it out, that's all. Just disagreeing. I don't hold you responsible or anything like that and still think you're pretty damned cool and still hope we get to have coffee in December
Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 PM

Cool thread. I agree with Ceoli.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Custodian

Quote:
I'm just calling it out, that's all. Just disagreeing. I don't hold you responsible or anything like that and still think you're pretty damned cool and still hope we get to have coffee in December
Oh I knew that! But I should warn you, I'm not as much fun in person
Old 10-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

We'll have to warn the coffee shop then.....