Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 03:14 PM

Fair enough. Hatchet buried. Thanks for trying to help, even if we didn't see eye-to-eye on the matter. And sorry to hear about your week.

Moving forward, we'd certainly love to continue discussing any of the things written in our initial post. We're also going to try to get involved in the other discussions around the board as work and school schedules permit. Cheers!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 AM

Yay, more social scientists! Spread the love!

I can totally relate to what you are writing about. I come from a culture (no, not speaking of the white Finnish mainstream culture in general atm) which emphasizes familial closeness and where co-parenting isn't some hippy alternative way of life but rather commonplace. So my interest in poly is very family-driven most times.

I guess many people think of one man-two women as something that is primarily sex/threesome-driven, when what we do most of the time is hang out with the kids. For me, a big motivation is to help out my gf and her hubs with child/home care. Chaos-management is just that much easier with three adults. Also, opportunities for sex and romance are not that hard to come by when there is somebody to babysit every once and a while.

Eventually I think everyone's planning to live together and combine finances - so one person could take periods out of work easily to pursue other interests, and still there would be a double-income. I think that three adult-families actually serve to break some of the male breadwinner-female homemaker rut many couples are so frustrated with.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Wink Hey Kazodujin

Hey Kazokujin.
I could totally relate to your intro. Its what me and my hub are also looking for. The new member, can she or he be refered to as a stright unicorn? Since unicorns are bi-sexual. I myself am proably 5-10% bi. I prefer men. I myself am interested in adding a third member because I feel there is room. My hub would prefer a woman and I am ok with either sex. Iíll probably want to add more in time I will want another man. ( Just typing that I feel my hubs heart being riped out.) He hates the thought of me being with another man. If a second woman was around wouldnít that make more room for me to explore my interests. While she is keeping him intertaned. Aloghting out my time to any other man than him will be the problem, only because he wants to share everything he dose with me and cant understand that I want to do more things than what interest him. Like being fit and active. And on the go go go all the time. He wants to be by his side all ways and thatís what I want too but he dosent want to do every thing I want to do. So I m looking for someone who will do those things with me. And him if he wants to join in. Having someone else around will help with child care too. We already have my big bro around and that helps with the child care on nights me and my hub wants to go out. I am my bros main child care for his boy, while he is at work. I love having two kids (cusions) both toddlers its like having twins. Anyways I get lonely during the day and would like to have someone around. My husband would probably say he was most interested in adding someone that will also contribute financaly, exspecialy if it where a man. Good work ethic is important.

Feel free to state your comments and ask anything you want so I can clearify my babble.

Oh yes and in addition to wanting to add a third member, we would be interested in adding a nother couple even . The more the marrier!!!!!

~Friend Kisser~