Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 02:17 PM

My ideal poly situation: my husband and I either sharing a home with the rest of the poly family or being just a house or two away (a plot with a main house and mother in law house would be the best since we'd be in the same place and my husband could still know there is space just his or ours).

I would hope for two children (prefer one with each of my men) and I know my poly sister wants two as well. Plan would be to homeschool them.

I would be a housewife, my poly sister would work from home as a counselor (her work dream), and the three men who like working would.

Now if Elle and NT's relationship lead to marriage another house, 2 more kids to school, and a fourth out of the house worker would be added.

What is nice is this long term and highly committed (including commitment ceremonies/poly weddings for the non legal couples) dream of the future is shared by the poly family.
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
NT: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: NT and Merry girlfriend
Umbra: Elle's Dom
Pet: Umbra's slave/wife, Elle girlfriend
Domo: Pet's submissive
Old 04-11-2014, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
You just did say something.

I don't have an "ideal" relationship, but I'm pretty satisfied with the husband I have right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Although it is nice to know that if one of us ever wants to see someone else, it doesn't mean our marriage is over.
I don't know what my nirvana would be. I haven't found it yet. I love my wife but there is no sexual chemistry.... I don't believe any one person would ever be everything...It is nice to know that if I have an interest in another woman, even sexually, it won't end our marriage. That is my priority....
Old 04-11-2014, 01:11 AM

This is an old thread.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:21 AM

Our friend Trixie was over visiting us with her daughter. Our daughters are best friends. Trixie is the one who witnessed our open marriage contract. There was a moment of perfection...With Trixie there, her 2 children, my wife all 3 of us keeping the kids entertained, and just talking...we seemed to be good together... I made a comment about it as well...they didn't admit to it, but it felt interesting...Trixie is reading the book, Sex Before Dawn...She would be a good poly partner....

Perfect? Don't know. It maybe worth exploring...
Old 04-11-2014, 05:02 AM

My ideal has shifted. I used to want a big, happy poly family all under one roof or on one property with multiple homes.

Now I question my ability to share a home with another woman. Not completely out of the question, but I just don't know how I would handle it since I'm fairly set in my ways and enjoy having my own domain.

I guess my ideal at this point would still be everyone I care about (and the people my people care about) living in close proximity -either shared property or within walking distance - of one another. I'd love to share a home with Hubby and another partner of mine. I know Hubby is comfortable with this idea for the future.

I think Hubby wants kids, but I don't really want to have any of my own at this time. So, my ideal would include him having a second home with a partner who wants children as well. In theory, with the right person, I could share a home so he wouldn't have to split his time at all and the kids could have both/all (if I'm involved in a parental role) parents more accessible most times. I wouldn't mind coparenting, I just don't want to pass on my shitty genes. I also wouldn't be opposed to adoption, but I don't know that I will ever prioritize having kids enough to make that happen.

Being able to have the extended family network together for holidays, birthdays, occasional game nights, etc. is important to me in the long run.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:28 PM

I donno, more then one, at least 1 of each gender...The more the merrier I think.
But gotta get 1 before I get more lol
Old 04-17-2014, 12:50 PM

I think my ideal would be a closed V with my as the hinge or a closed triad, all living together. We are VERY new to this though and currently in a poly/mono (ok technically not yet, but will be when I find someone) , so not sure when, or if we would get to this ideal, but it seems like what life "should" be like to me
Old 05-30-2014, 08:01 PM

Default the past...

My husband and I had a serious girlfriend once. The relationship was great, but I did not know it until it was too late. I want that again. That connection, the trio of love that others frown upon. I dont care, I just miss it. I love my husband, and have enough love for a woman as well. And I actually love seeing my husband with another woman, not just sexually. There is something intimate and deep about it.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Official Greeter

For me, an ideal relationship is not a certain number, combination, set, or type of people, genders, orientations, rules, structures, or connections. Instead, it's defined by how the people involved treat each other. It's above all an emotional environment where everyone feels safe. It's communication without competition, listening without retort, honesty without ruthlessness. It's warmth, support, and laughter. Indeed it's many of the things that I often fail to provide myself. An ideal relationship is something I'll always strive for, though like the speed of light I'll only approach it; not in a million years will I ever arrive.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." And have standards for the compassionate treatment that you, too, should receive. These are the keys I concentrate on when I try to help build a loving poly household with my two human (and our other two) companions.

Last edited by kdt26417; 06-02-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:24 AM

Smile Idealism... Is it idealistic?

An "ideal" relationship... Loaded question... I would like to have my husband and him his wife. I would like to be in a close relationship with her and trust/communication/respect between all of us. I would like to see us living under the same roof. I am also not sure how closed I would like this to be. If she or I also met someone we had feelings for and could meld with us, I would like that be an option on the table. Decision made by all parties because it would affect all involved whether it be time or emotion.

That's basically how I feel and well I'm sure it could be attainable with the right people. I have lots of love in me and want to share

Tags
configurations, relationship, relationship dynamics, relationship structures