Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicothoe View Post
However, some sort of commune made up of separate houses but all on the same land....now that appeals to me. (Did I just seeing everyone nodding in agreement?) I imagine there being a large central house, where everyone could mingle, share resources, host parties....but when thing got too much, retire back to your own little cottage, your own private sanctuary.
Sounds pretty good to me, except I could imagine myself and, say, two partners all sharing one of the cottages or small houses, with - perhaps - the option of another bedroom, when desired.

Of course, the whole thing would be fluid and dynamic regards numbers of persons involved. Growing, possibly, that is. Right now I have one partner and one geographically far-distant very close friend who is also a "love interest" / mutual romantic attraction friend. We're sort of dating long distance at the moment. She lives 1,200 miles away. - - - And I have my boyfriend of 15 years, who also has me. I can see a cat a dog and maybe a goldfish in the future, as well. Says so right here in my crystal ball.

River's Blog
Old 08-04-2011, 04:41 PM

Those with an interest in "commune" living as well as other forms of communalism and "intentional community" (the broad and inclusive concept) will be interested in www.ic.org .
Old 08-04-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
However, some sort of commune made up of separate houses but all on the same land....now that appeals to me. (Did I just seeing everyone nodding in agreement?)
No way, not me!

Quote:
I imagine there being a large central house, where everyone could mingle, share resources, host parties....but when thing got too much, retire back to your own little cottage, your own private sanctuary.
I like my solitary life, I think. If, however, I were ever to be attracted to a communal way of living, this makes the most sense. I once lived for two months in a very nice retreat center set up pretty much like this in New Zealand (I was there for a specific purpose and time frame). It did afford people a certain amount of privacy. I have read articles about communes like this, mostly in Scandinavian countries, I believe.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 PM

VanillaIce and I are looking for an apartment together that would be closer to where Moonlightrunner and Windflower live. So the logistic side of things is looking up .

I found Indie's thread on prepping for poly to be immensely helpful in working out some of the insecurities I've been having recently. I've done a lot of mental image practice. Now I have the opposite problem; I'm absolutely enamoured with the idea of Vanilla getting another partner and am pushing her to do it NOW !

In my new ideal world, we would live close by to Windy and Moonlight so the kiddoes and adults alike could come and go. I've also decided I need a little brother in the disguise of Vanilla's new beau. Someone who would either live close by too or live with me and Vanilla at least part-time. It would be cool to have a live-in vee where we could collaborate on making Vanilla the happiest camper in the whole world. Also, maybe at some point babies would be cool, too.

In this fantasy la-la-land of mine my brother husband would like cooking, be a moderately experienced switch, not have a live-in partner as yet and love tv and especially sci-fi as much as Vanilla and I do. And of course they would need to be as bat-shit crazy about Vanilla as I am.

Hehee, I want a metamour crush .
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
VanillaIce and I are looking for an apartment together that would be closer to where Moonlightrunner and Windflower live. So the logistic side of things is looking up .
What about Flattie? Would she be moving with you?

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 08-10-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
What about Flattie? Would she be moving with you?
I wish. No, the whole moving in with Vanilla after knowing each other for three months -thing got started when Flattie told me she had gotten the study placement down on the southcoast nobody knew she had even applied for ! I was initially very sad until another friend admonished me with "Shouldn't you be happy that she is doing now so well with her medication and therapy that she is able to move to a whole new city and start a new life there?". Yeah, I was being self-centered and whiny .
Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 AM

In my ideal relationship(s) there is mutual love, respect and kindness. There is much laughter and shared joy. There is a sense of safety and strength in having each other. Each person knows that the other will always be there for them. There is support and encouragement for each other's emotional and spiritual growth. There is compersion for each other's joy. There is goodwill towards each other and a cooperative spirit.

Each person trusts the other completely. In my ideal relationship, the thought of the love between me and my partner(s) brings a smile to my face no matter where I am.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:52 PM

I find my dreams revolve around being in love with two men who care for each other as much as they care for me. I'm female. In those dreams, it just feels right. I'm a total newbie who's only ever had monogamous relationships, but I have a standing promise with myself to listen to what feels right, so here I am! That's the ideal.
-Yosie
Old 09-16-2011, 10:59 PM

Somewhere there are two partnered biamorous men who'd just love to meet you!

(My boyfriend isn't bi, so that wouldn't be us -- and besides I think my plate is full for now, so to speak.)

(Well, we'd love to meet you, anyway, of course.)

River's Blog
Old 09-17-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
I find my dreams revolve around being in love with two men who care for each other as much as they care for me.
I had taken it as implicit that these two men would also be in love with one another, and sexually loving mates to one another. But I realized later that I may have read too much into those words. (?)

River's Blog

Tags
configurations, relationship, relationship dynamics, relationship structures