Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 01:56 AM

See also: http://tacit.livejournal.com/295369.html
Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 AM

Thank you just read that article. This relationship was spontaneous I don't believe they have had a plan for it. So I am going to discuss the article with them. If it can be worked through I would want to give it that chance. I know I am important to them just not sure enough to her to be that vulnerable and risk taking
Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Banned

Just bcause this didn't come about as a result of unicorn-hunting doesn't mean it is not an untenable situation for you. I don't even see anything wrong about what the other two people are doing. If they didn't plan for this, then of course they are not going to have a clue. It isn't like they set out to create an alienating situation for you. They probably had sex with you the first time and the spoke about it together, and said "let's make sure we are always with her together, then there won't be any secrets and no one will get jealous." so predictable. And i bet the thing about "our husband" was some sort of an attempt to talk herself into being ok with "sharing" him, not an affirmation of equality.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:22 AM

Yes that is pretty much the scenario. Think she is afraid of being replace and of ending this and losing him. I don't wanna lose either of them as friends or lovers but the box is quite restrictive. She genuinely cares for me but I won't know if this could be more til we talk.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 AM
Banned

What you should do is move into your own space and get your shit together, THEN maybe re-visit the possibility of a multi-partnered relationship. That will give everyone the chance to think about things, and they can work on their issues without you being around every day and not wanting to make you uncomfortable. You have the rest of your lives ahead of you. There is no need to rush.

Tags
triad