Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 11:57 PM

Yesterday I met my goal of doing the three minutes on the rowing machine. Today I am tired and just want to sleep - but if I wake up even an hour later than I did this morning tomorrow, I will have plenty of rowing machine time. Too bad I had to wake up that early for work and not for exercise.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:19 AM

My physical therapist worked me good today; 2 miles on the stationary bike, 2 reps of leg presses, 3 reps of squats, and 2 reps of stair stepping.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
He says he does it by turning the oval into a circle. Or something like that. He was working with one of the other freshies and I wasn't paying much attention. :P
He's talking about "skating the diamond". You're constantly doing crossovers and it maximizes the efficiency of each stride so that you don't have to slow down around corners.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
He's talking about "skating the diamond". You're constantly doing crossovers and it maximizes the efficiency of each stride so that you don't have to slow down around corners.
Hey thanks for that!

It's stupid, I know, but crossovers and going fast scare me. I'm waiting for that to go away and the fun to kick in.

I am now up to 2 crossovers in a row, sometimes 3 if I'm feeling brave.

I am not a jammer.... yet... LOL

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 09-14-2011, 03:41 PM

I always got far more power and speed out of crossovers than anything else. Cutting inside the corners and outside the straightaways on an oval that small means never having to go straight.

Learn the crossovers...Love the crossovers, makes one far more nimble...which is really handy for dodging the new munchkin skaters, and random limbs of skate dancers. I expect the same thing would be handy in derby too.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 PM

Just found this, what a great idea for support!

I have about 70lbs to lose, lost 20 this last year, during the same time my hubby lost 70!

I have a few health issues that seem to totally kick my ass back to ground zero, over and over and over... but I decided that if I have to CRAWL onto the damn elliptical I will do at least 5 mins every weekday...

today was day three!

Old 09-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Custodian

I have lost 35-40 pounds (depending which scale I stand on) since my surgery in December 2010, and I can close the fly on all but 2 of the pants I used to fit into. The really skinny ones I got rid of because I don't ever expect to be that thin again unless I go on Survivor, or get cancer.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlost View Post
Just found this, what a great idea for support!

I have about 70lbs to lose, lost 20 this last year, during the same time my hubby lost 70!

I have a few health issues that seem to totally kick my ass back to ground zero, over and over and over... but I decided that if I have to CRAWL onto the damn elliptical I will do at least 5 mins every weekday...

today was day three!

That`s the spirit !!

I had health issues last year as well. Grade ll concussion,(that really fucked me up for awhile) and a slow, but eventually found Lupus diagnosis. Mucho stress that didn`t help either !
It all fucked with my weight. I don`t overeat, I work physically, yet I was heavier then normal.
I got those things settled, and now I have dropped 10 lbs in one month. And about 12 lbs back in the spring.

Don`t get discouraged where there is a will, there is a way, and if you gotta crawl, do it ! That was my motto too !
Old 09-19-2011, 03:17 AM

having babies makes me fat lol After my first son I lost 125 (260 to 135) doing low carb. and I lost 50 (200 to 150) after second son doing LC as well. i lost 100 (250 to 150) after my daughter doing the hcg diet and now i just maintain eating whole foods. Currently Im doing a 30 days raw vegan thing which is nice and I think I will probably stay vegan and 75% raw. I usually go to the gym a couple times a week and rollerblade when the weather is nice. Im now 150 lbs and a size 10.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:00 AM

When I started out with a similar weight loss program, I started with a maximum of 180 minutes per week as advised by the family doctor. Gradually increasing as months passed by.

I started out with 220 when the normal weight for my height stands at 180. I tried doing a diet but never really worked so I turned to doing regular exercise. That move paid dividends to me. It is just about finding your rhythm and going with it.

Tags
loss, self-esteem, self-growth, support, weight