Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Nachos are dangerous, too easy to eat mindlessly . There is at least one resturant near our house, that we just KNOW to split a meal (one desert will feed 4-6 people easy), but most I've seen aren't that bad. Occassionally, I've discovered that alot of resturants have a "lunch" size (but it's not on the menu and you have to ask).
You should have tried the kids menu in AZ haha The kids burger at Garcias was just perfect.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
I just had to pop in to agree that erotic energy comes from within and it doesn't matter what size you are!

I was a dancer for almost 6 years, and I learned two really important things. Men love all kinds of women, and it's the confidence and sexiness that attracts them. I gained TONS of self esteem from that, and found an inner sexiness I didn't realize I had. It was a good life lesson.

Plus, dancing is the BEST workout. I have my own pole, but my place now is too small to put it up. :-( When we move, though It's going back up!
ABSOLUTELY!

I was SO self-conscious before I got that job! Ironically, as much as they talk about how stripping ruins women's self-esteem, it was totally the opposite for me, same reason.
I figured out that men love women in ALL different shapes and sizes! Having so many men tell me what it was about me that they found attractive and what they found attractive about the other dancers (we had a 6 ft lady who was MAYBE a size 0 all the way to a woman who was pushing 300lbs easy and under 5ft 6) really improved my understanding about the fact that there's always SOMEONE whose going to think "damn!" no matter what size, color, ethnicity etc!

I WISH I had my own pole! I have the space, but the shipping to get a good one up here is more than the cost of the f'ing pole! I can't WAIT to move stateside!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Let's just say over half of my plate was uneaten.
I COMMONLY go out to eat with Maca and bring home my leftovers for GG because there's still enough for a full meal! It's disturbing to realize how many people eat the whole plate!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I COMMONLY go out to eat with Maca and bring home my leftovers for GG because there's still enough for a full meal! It's disturbing to realize how many people eat the whole plate!
I usually do to, but when I go out for a late breakfast/lunch I can usually eat most of it. There was nearly twice as much food as I'm used to, which puts it at just crazy amounts.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY!

I was SO self-conscious before I got that job! Ironically, as much as they talk about how stripping ruins women's self-esteem, it was totally the opposite for me, same reason.
I figured out that men love women in ALL different shapes and sizes! Having so many men tell me what it was about me that they found attractive and what they found attractive about the other dancers (we had a 6 ft lady who was MAYBE a size 0 all the way to a woman who was pushing 300lbs easy and under 5ft 6) really improved my understanding about the fact that there's always SOMEONE whose going to think "damn!" no matter what size, color, ethnicity etc!

I WISH I had my own pole! I have the space, but the shipping to get a good one up here is more than the cost of the f'ing pole! I can't WAIT to move stateside!!!
Yeah, me too! I totally got a better sense of self esteem, AND a better view of men from working as a dancer, LOL. I realized that women are harder on ourselves and each other, than men are. It was also the first place I ever was where beings odd was not only acceptable, but expected and adored!! to this day 90% of my friends are people I met while dancing, either dancers, bartenders, waitresses, bouncers or customers.

I met hubs there, too. So for me it was mostly a really good, eye opening, experience.

You should definitely get a pole when you can. Its still the best workout EVER, and fun.

Quote:
I don't get it at all, how people can eat all that! I never finish my plate. Sometimes it seems like I can get three meals out of one...
Old 06-10-2011, 07:22 PM

Went to my second floor/chair exotic dance class yesterday. Kicked my butt in a good way.

I felt a little out of place because many of the women in the class were wearing 4 inch platform heels. The fitness center I"m going to sells stripper style heels and boots and women are welcome to take any of the classes in heels. I am not fond of heels that high and was rather surprised that so many women wore heels.

Still it was fun, I got all sweaty and now I am achy, in a good way. I'm probably going to a 'Sexy Stretch' class tonight and then dinner with a new friend!

Gonna be a good weekend!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 PM

You can definitely get a great workout not in heels, but there's something about the shoes that changes completely the way you dance. Seriously. My heels were about 6" total (2" platform and 4" heel). The key is to buy a pair with a wider heel (not a stiletto type). But then it just takes practice. I have a pair of platform boots (much smaller, like a 1" platform and I think maybe a 3" raise?) plus they give great ankle support which is nice.

I can't dance without heels. LOL. (I'm sure I can, but it ain't the same!)

On the weight loss (well, fat loss) front, I am still dropping size a bit. I took a week off from walking this week, and had PMS bloating, but it was much less than it used to be. I will hop on the walking train again this week, now that hopefully things have slowed down a bit. And maybe back to hot yoga this week.

I don't weigh myself, so don't go by that, I just go by how my clothes fit and how I feel. I tossed out the scale over a year ago and it was the best thing I ever did, I was way too dependent on it and I never took into account how much muscle I had. Frustrating! LOL...
Old 06-10-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
I felt a little out of place because many of the women in the class were wearing 4 inch platform heels. The fitness center I"m going to sells stripper style heels and boots and women are welcome to take any of the classes in heels. I am not fond of heels that high and was rather surprised that so many women wore heels.
DO NOT DO IT IN HEELS, unless you are comfortable in the heels-ie you have plenty of experience wearing them AND you are comfortable in the "routine"-ie you've done it often enough to have it memorized!

One of the best dancers I ever worked with, wore ballet slippers. In years past she'd worn the heels. She fell from the pole, the heel cut open her arm from shoulder to wrist in the fall. Broke several bones and damn near bled to death on the way to the hospital.

Heels are sexy, I love them. But, it's like any other sport-DO NOT START WITH THE HARDEST PART!

And besides, you can stand on tippy toes and get the same beautiful effect in the calves.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
. . . many of the women in the class were wearing 4 inch platform heels.
I call those "Stupid Shoes."

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 06-12-2011, 05:38 AM

Seriously sabotaged myself this last week being out of town. Gourmet meals and deserts with CRAZY amounts of alcohol every night (I'm only used to drinking a glass of wine only once or twice a week). Luckily I have been able to at least get out and do some walking or hit the treadmill at the hotel, but I don't even want to see a scale for a few weeks after I get home.

Tags
loss, self-esteem, self-growth, support, weight