Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 PM

Default Hi

My name is Wheelie. I am 22 years old, but I will turn 23 next month. I've been curious about and interested in polyamory since maybe my junior year of high school. I have Cerebral Palsy and I am in a wheelchair. I would like to see more out there about polyamory and people with disabilities, but it doesn't seem like there's much out there.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:30 PM

There are 2 answers to this:

a) I certainly hope that you can find the information that you're interested in, and that it helps you.

b) The people who can write most authoritively on "polyamory and people with disabilities" are people like yourself. I for one would be interested in reading your thinkings on the subject. Whether you have experience in polyamory or "just" curiosity. There are lots of people on here who express their doubts, misgivings, difficulties... We can all learn from each other. And you're more of an expert in (at least) one aspect than most of the people on here. So share your thoughts with us!
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson
Old 04-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight View Post
There are 2 answers to this:

a) I certainly hope that you can find the information that you're interested in, and that it helps you.

b) The people who can write most authoritively on "polyamory and people with disabilities" are people like yourself. I for one would be interested in reading your thinkings on the subject. Whether you have experience in polyamory or "just" curiosity. There are lots of people on here who express their doubts, misgivings, difficulties... We can all learn from each other. And you're more of an expert in (at least) one aspect than most of the people on here. So share your thoughts with us!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.