Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameeDee View Post
"this is gonna sound really wierd, but....Hubby and I have decided to bring another girl with three kids into our family. Yeah, we're fucking. All of us."[/I]
If it were me, I think I would stick with just:
"Hubby and I have decided to bring another girl with three kids into our family."

If she asks direct questions answer them, but IMO don't see any need to say anything about who is having sex with whom.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Oh lordy! If I know my Mom. That will not be even CLOSE to enough information!

But really, I agree. I don't really want to get into the details about who sleeps with whom, but I really think it's an important part of the story.

Married Bi-female in a poly-fi triad with Girlfriend Pinky1223 and Hubby - Poppa
Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 PM

Talking I did it!

Mom is checked off the list of "needs to know."

Over lunch, I spilled it. She took it very well. All I really said was...you know my friend, Pinky? Well, Poppa and I both like her a lot."
Mom: What?
Me: We both REALLY like her.
Mom: Are you talking about a threesome or something?
Me: Yeah, kind of...but it's more than just sex...

She was worried about me, of course. She doesn't want to see anything bad happen to me. Is worried about Poppa running off with Pinky, etc.

I assured her we all were fully aware of the complications and are committed to working together.

I feel so much better! I think my hands were shaking before I started. Whew!

Married Bi-female in a poly-fi triad with Girlfriend Pinky1223 and Hubby - Poppa
Old 07-12-2011, 06:17 PM

Default I knew it couldn't be that easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameeDee View Post
Mom is checked off the list of "needs to know."

Over lunch, I spilled it. She took it very well.
That was the understatement of the century.

So....mom had a couple of days to stew on it and has decided she needs to call Pinky's mom and talk with her about it. I thought it would be nice for us all to go to lunch, but she won't have that. She wants to meet with Pinky's mom alone to find out what she REALLY thinks.

I do not think this is a good idea.

I asked mom, "so what if she all thinks we are evil and are going to hell?" Mom said, "I guess we'll be in agreement."

This can't be good.

In addition to that...obviously Pinky's mom doesn't want to be sent into the Lion's den. Don't you all agree that it would be better NOT to let the moms get together alone? That scares the shit out of me. In addition...I'm 38 fucking years old! What is this, high school? Pinky and JameeDee are in trouble and our MOMs are going to talk about it?

Now there is all this added stress cuz my mom seems to be trippin! I was really just trying to do the right thing. Now EVERYTHING Is fucked up.

Pinky is mad cuz I was irritated about my mom last night and she wanted to be left alone this morning. I left her alone and vented to Poppa. Poppa is mad cuz Pinky is mad at me. He got onto her enough so they're fighting now. I get a text from her this morning that she's done. So then I had to make an emergency trip to her house on my lunch break to see WTF was going on.

OMG what a fucking mess! I feel it's all my fault for spilling the beans and adding stress to the situation. FML

I think we're all feeling stress cuz this is getting REAL. I want it. I am ready for the looks, the stress, I would even relocate to a larger city. I feel like I've jumped in with both feet - eyes wide open. And my partners have jumped ship all of the sudden.

Sorry...just had to vent to someone. Love you guys!

3 xanax in to a Tuesday...this can't turn out well.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Aww, JD I'm feelin' for ya. You took a brave leap and it got messy -- but I give you credit for being REAL. Once this all settles (and it will, somehow) you can hold onto that anyway. How other people react is not in our control.

I hope it all works out for you. What's that saying? -- "It will all be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Good luck, sweetie.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 PM

Default :)

Thanks, Carma.

I hope, with all my heart, that it will be ok.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:46 PM

This can settle....my biggest concern is you guys all turning on each other. This is when you need to stand together and show them you are all healthy and taken care of. If your energy is saying the opposite of what you mouth is they will notice.

As far as it being like high school...yup. Parents need to leave thier adult children alone unless someone's health is at risk (especially children).

Good luck...it took us about 6 months to overcome RP's parent's fears and concerns.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-12-2011, 07:20 PM

Mono,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. 6 months? Holy hell.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 PM

My mom is still processing after finding out 5 months ago. My husband's mother thinks I had an affair and it is over. And my BF's mother will NEVER know!

You are brave. You are going to make it through all of this. Trust us!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:39 PM

I'm so sorry you are going through that. I don't really advocate for coming out to parents when its older people. I guess because I see them as just people in our lives and that they really don't need to be privy to information that is nothing to do with them. I don't feel I owe them information just as I don't feel I owe anyone else info that is not my immediate family.

I dunno, I guess its a matter of your closeness to your parents. I chose my family. I love my parents and intend to stay close to them on care, but I rely on my chosen family now for support. And to stand by me.

Its a tough call for me really as I am a strong advocate for coming out in general, but I guess I just wouldn't question coming out as much with the senior generation. I more than likely would just leave it. I just think it causes more grief than its worth.

Did you read our story of coming out? It takes some time. You can find many if you do a tag search for "coming out." It might help.

Tags
arguing, boundaries, coming out, coming out to family, jealousy, negotiation, rules, triad, unicorn