Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 08:12 PM

Default Now casting new polygamy show..

NOW CASTING:

A major Cable Production Company is currently seeking Polygamist couples seeking a new wife/wives.

Are you a married Polygamist looking to find your second, third, fourth or even fifth wife?
If so, please email our Casting Producer at stephanietorres@highnoontv.com right away!
Old 07-07-2016, 08:53 PM

Oh for pete's sake, find a new theme, something that hasn't been done a zillion times before.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Official Greeter

What if I'm looking for my sixth wife?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:47 PM

Default Are you really?

All the more better! Either way, if you have any interest in this opportunity, email me (stephanietorres@highnoontv.com) with a few pictures of yourself, and a brief introduction. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
Oh for pete's sake, find a new theme, something that hasn't been done a zillion times before.
This. And there aren't any polygamists on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
What if I'm looking for my sixth wife?
You missed it. This was extreme sarcasm. Kevin is in a MFM V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniecasting View Post
All the more better!
Gross! Why is more better? Um, ratings? Every man's dream, to have a harem? So sexist, so anti feminist. Nothing to do with POLYAMORY.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
"Master," (mono, 34), miss pixi's Dom for 3 years
Old 07-17-2016, 01:44 PM

When it comes to casting for television shows, we would appreciate more information on the production company and intent of the producers, with more than just an email address. You are asking people to out themselves publicly, which could cause a lot of harm in their personal lives.

Since this board is for polyamorists, rather than polygamists, and it's illegal to be married to more than one person, I highly doubt you'll get any bites.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:23 PM

There is one woman here who IDs as a polygamist, since she has one legal husband, another man she is handfasted with, and a live in boyfriend. Of course, the state recognises her as married to one man.

I remember we had one guy here a few years back who had a harem of sorts, several of whom were exotic dancers. They had constant fights, jealousies, drug issues, etc. They were miserable. All you'd see as a producer looking for ratings is-- sexy catfights, woohoo, let me film that! We saw a sad fucked up life.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
"Master," (mono, 34), miss pixi's Dom for 3 years
Old 09-07-2016, 06:32 PM

Why isn't polygamy considered polyamory on this forum?
Polygamy is simply a lopsided form of polyamory.You may disagree with the sexist nature, that doesn't change it is in fact polyamory. Accepting the tbings you like while looking down on others you don't....hmmm, seems alot like how polys can be treated in other forums, are we not here to escape conformist judgement?

I came here for open minded discussions, not judgement of this type of polyamory or that one.
Love many, the basis of polyamory.
This is suplosed to be open minded (see: non-judgemental) community.
If a person chooses to have many commited diads, and every adult is willing, why are you judging them?

I would assume those living an alternate lifestyle wouldn't be so quick to judge other also living an alternate lifestyle if they so choose.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:34 PM

Also of note, I xisagree with the sexist nature of current polygamists. However I supoort every adults right to choose without being judged.
Also, poly/plig shows are terrible and sow misinformation about the style of relationships.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:06 PM

I only want to add that I saw this and thought:

"Dude, where is that one guy with the lion pride organism castle thing and the champagne and pink lamborghinis?"

*sigh* It was too good to be true. I'd like to see a show based off of him, something like "Portlandia." It'd be fantastic.

I am also thinking of what I've read about John McAfee's poly lifestyle. He had seven girlfriends at one point, but only three of them made any serious attempts to end his life.

I don't think anyone has any serious criticism of individuals who practice polygamy (or whatever as long as it's all among consenting adults, just in general)...but it is tiresome that every show casting we hear about that is poly-related, is all about one guy and multiple women. As though that's the only way people poly. Because they figure that's what the normals want to see, I guess? *shrug* ??

Analyst, Fire & Hefe My poly quad for approximately a year, until about July 2016. I still consider them much-loved friends.

Blood:
Ninja- 17, Son
Q- 15, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband

Tags
casting, casting call, television