Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 05:11 AM

Default Attachment style quiz

Here's a cool quiz from Gabriela Martorell, Professor of Psychology.

http://brainplate.blogspot.com/2010/...ent-style.html

Here's my basic result:

Secure/Low Avoidance

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 03-26-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 AM

Can't see yours in the link, just takes you to the start of the quiz. But here's what mine said.

"According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.56, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.55, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders."
I would have expected my anxiety to be more one side or the other, rather than right in the middle. I also don't agree with having enduring and satisfying relationships. "Tend not to suffer from depression", even though not an exact you will or you won't, I guess I am not in the majority of that sentence. I was also not happy how the quiz asked the same questions over and over, with just slight rewording. In all, a pretty terrible and quite inaccurate one.
=]
Old 03-26-2011, 10:56 AM

I'd be curious to compare poly scores with mono scores (okay, the free range monos-- not the monos who hang around here.).

And a third group for my hypothetical study would be the recently poly or the reluctantly poly... although they are going through a specific phase... and therefore are less secure... due to the changes/challenges.

My scores:
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.25, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.62, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:02 PM

I fall into the [B]secure[B] range, but I can honestly say that if I'd taken this quiz 2 years ago when I was being slapped across the face with how my NRE with Wendigo was effecting my relationship with Wolf, I would have gotten completely different results.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:24 PM

I got preoccupied/high anxiety. I've only really had one relationship though, so who knows.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:36 PM

I also fell into the secure range, and I'm not surprised. Definitely interesting questions though, some of my answers have changed slightly since I've identified as Poly, but still secure for the most part.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:59 AM

My result is . . .
oh, wait, I should text him. . .

how did he mean that . . .

grr, when's he going to call . . .

aww, the look on his face . . .

gawd, I didn't really say that to him, did I? . . .

ooh, that was a fun position . . .

hmmm . . .

his hair smelled so good . . .

did I remember to . . .

oh shit, I hope he doesn't think I'm too . . .
oh, yeah, my result is PREOCCUPIED!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 03-27-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 AM

Location: :P Cautiously looking around this new world that seems to fit...
Default my response

Quote:
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.09, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant.

hehe... given all my various musings lately I would have expected a much different result

glad to see my personal distress isn't having a huge effect on how I view my relationships

Engaged to my sweetheart, WaterWolf

my blog (non-poly) Pearls & Pixiedust

Old 03-27-2011, 02:52 PM

Default I'm secure! Kinda!

I suspect lots of people on this board will test out as "secure" - I'm among them.

Quote:
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.30, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.10, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance)
However, the survey was not designed to plot out attachment styles of multiple relationships. I based my answers on my relationship with Beloved, my primary. I suspect my results might have been different if I based my answers on my relationship with SW or the new guy, Oil Man. That said, I doubt my results would have been all that different.

And I know I could take the test again, but that feels like cheating! Still has anyone taken the test for each relationship? What were the results?

Completely unrelated P.S. I finally figured out how to
Quote:
quote!
Now I can be just like the other cool kids on the board!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
oh, yeah, my result is PREOCCUPIED!
Hah! I got that, too.

Me:
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.57, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.31, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
And:
Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.
*facepalm* See... I'm not sure I have "highly conflictual" relationships. But I don't know. Perhaps an ex or two would disagree.

I know I have things to work on but at least I know I have things to work on.