Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 11:33 PM

Default Hello and Help!

Hi everyone! I am new to the website and hoping that you all might be able to help me. My husband came to me last year and confessed he had strong feelings for my best friend. We all had talked about in the past of the swinging lifestyle because we once were in it and all of us wanted to go down that road. But one thing led to another and feelings were developed. This was very difficult for me to accept and at times it still bothers me. But I have found that I have some jealousy issues and some insecurity issues that I know I need to deal with. I want this relationship to work between us all so i am coming to you all for advise on how to get over the jealousy issues and the insecurity's.

My husband has come to me this week that he is unhappy in our marriage and that he feels I cannot accept the relationship him and my best friend have. But I know I can I just need help and guidance on how to overcome the feelings I am having. I do not want to lose my husband and I know that we can work on this. We have been together for 12 years and that is a long time to give up on a marriage. There are other things involved but I feel that my problems with their relationship is what is causing some of the other problems.

Can anyone please help me?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:06 AM

Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like you have a lot of questions and things to work on. You're in the right place for support I think...

Although I expect you'll need to elaborate. Usually I'd say your insecurities are mostly an internal thing that you can process and get through, but if your hubby is bringing up problems in the marriage as part of the discussion then I think you'll both have some work to do.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?