Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 08:51 AM

I know this thread is supposed to focus on film, but I was sitting here watching a re-run of Frasier (when Daphne and Miles finally admit their love to each other), and thought that they could have had a Quad: Daphne, Donny, Miles, and Mel. That would have been real interesting and probably pretty funny with such a mix of personalities.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 09-23-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I know this thread is supposed to focus on film, but I was sitting here watching a re-run of Frasier (when Daphne and Miles finally admit their love to each other), and thought that they could have had a Quad: Daphne, Donny, Miles, and Mel. That would have been real interesting and probably pretty funny with such a mix of personalities.
There was an episode at one point where Niles and Daphne made Roz think they wanted a threesome with her. Roz was confused, but pretty much up for it. I couldn't see Niles or Daphne being up for something like that at all though. Their characters were definitely made for each other. Too bad something like that never happened with Roz though. I could definitely see it happening for her.
=]
Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Didn't know you guys get Frasier over in England!

Old 09-23-2011, 02:17 PM

Haha, I'm more surprised you guys have the BBC. The whole reason we English need to pay for a TV license!

We get everything here though. I'm a big fan of Frasier. Have been since I was a kid. Which wasn't really all that long ago. =P But it feels ages to me! ^_^
=]
Old 09-23-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
Haha, I'm more surprised you guys have the BBC. The whole reason we English need to pay for a TV license!
As far as I know, we have to pay for cable to get BBC America. I don't know if BBC shows anywhere for free as a non-cable station. But we also have Public Television (free), which airs lots of Brit shows. I first became aware of Helen Mirren by watching Prime Suspect on Public TV. Then later got hooked on MI-5 (Spooks) and after that Hustle (but I haven't seen it here in a long time), but those shows play on different cable stations.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
As far as I know, we have to pay for cable to get BBC America. I don't know if BBC shows anywhere for free as a non-cable station. But we also have Public Television (free), which airs lots of Brit shows. I first became aware of Helen Mirren by watching Prime Suspect on Public TV. Then later got hooked on MI-5 (Spooks) and after that Hustle (but I haven't seen it here in a long time), but those shows play on different cable stations.
We need cable to get a lot of channels too. Or there's things like freeview, which have limited channels, but don't have monthly subscribtions like cable, just one off payments for the box or whatnot. No TV is free though. Even if you have a TV just to play your DVDs or play your games console, you have to pay a TV license. In fact, you don't even need a TV. Just a device that is capable of recieving signals. Mobile phone, or even a radio if anyone uses those anymore. =P

But to get this back on topic, at least there is plenty of things to watch, to find these films that would be better with poly endings. =D
=]
Old 09-23-2011, 08:56 PM

One of my guilty pleasures every now and then is watching Namasté America, which runs clips of Bollywood movies and music videos. Now, I betcha there are lots and lots of Bollywood flicks that would lend themselves very well to a poly ending!!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:42 AM

Seems Like Old Times with Goldie Hawn, Chevy Chase, and Charles Grodin
Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 PM

So glad some people mentioned "The Kids Are Alright"! I just hated, hated, how they shut that poor man out of their family like that in the end.

I thought that the scene between him and Julianne Moore was just so sweet. The way she looks at him like that and says that she can see her kids in his face. The way they suddenly fuck.

And how he was having a positive influence on the kids, and opening up the lesbian couples' lives to new experiences. Why wouldn't they keep him in their lives in some capacity at least? It seemed SO unfair, and awful.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZed View Post
So glad some people mentioned "The Kids Are Alright"! I just hated, hated, how they shut that poor man out of their family like that in the end.

I thought that the scene between him and Julianne Moore was just so sweet. The way she looks at him like that and says that she can see her kids in his face. The way they suddenly fuck.

And how he was having a positive influence on the kids, and opening up the lesbian couples' lives to new experiences. Why wouldn't they keep him in their lives in some capacity at least? It seemed SO unfair, and awful.
Just watched the film. Gotta say, it was fairly good. But I didn't like that ending either. Not for the same reasons though.
I think it was really stupid of her to sleep with him. He should have known better too. He knew they were having problems and he took advantage of that.
I agree it was unfair that they just shut him out though. He made one mistake. He was doing a lot of good for them. If only that hadn't happened, perhaps Nic would have opened up to having him in the family a lot easier and perhaps something poly could have come from it. But in the end, they were both lesbians and it was only the affection Jules wasn't getting from that turned her to this man instead.
=]

Tags
fantasies, movies