Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 12:53 AM

Another TV show, sorry:

I was watching a rerun of Friends last night. The one where they go to the beach house with Phoebe, who is looking for this friend of her parents so she can find her father. She meets Teri Garr, whose character is also named Phoebe, who tells her she's her actual birth mother. Phoebe asks how that happened, and Teri Garr says, "Well, how do I say this? Your parents and I were a couple."

Would've been really cool if they somehow played up that story line. Obviously, they couldn't bring Phoebe's adopted mother back because she had killed herself, but somehow...

Oh, there were so many poly opportunities on Friends! They could've had Janice seeing two of the guys, or had two or all three of the women dating one guy and try to work it out.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 12-01-2011, 05:30 PM

Yeah, I never even thought about cast away...good one!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:31 AM

How about Fur:the Diana Arbus story?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM

My lady pointed out yesterday that the show Disney "iCarly" could easily develop in to a poly themed show.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:28 PM

Okay I haven't seen them mentioned and if they were I apologize. A movie DH and I both agreed should have ended Poly long before we were poly is

Chasing Papi - He wasn't a cheating bastard, he was just in love with three women for very different reasons! (Looking at them can't blame him!)

and My Girlfriend's Boyfriend - she is alone, meets a nice guy, wait, meets another nice guy!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setxfamily View Post
My lady pointed out yesterday that the show Disney "iCarly" could easily develop in to a poly themed show.
"like" !
Old 01-10-2012, 02:52 PM

Okay another slightly off topic but in the same gender. I have been a long time reader of the daily comics and today it suddenly hit me the Comic strip

"9 Chickweed Lane"

could also easily develop in to a poly comic strip as well. Unless you have been following this strip for a long time you might miss the connection.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 PM

seems like if Jurassic Park had been polyamorous what with the kids and the old man, the main characters and all the terror, it would have been riveting but a LOOOT longer.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:57 PM

Enchanted could have been helped with polyamory. It also would have driven home that the, "Happily ever after, love for only one" isn't the only relationship expectation one could have.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixtoria View Post
and My Girlfriend's Boyfriend - she is alone, meets a nice guy, wait, meets another nice guy!
[SPOILER]Uh, that would have been difficult considering the one guy was a fictionalized, only-in-the-novel version of the real life guy. She wasn't ACTUALLY dating two guys.

I think Maureen in Rent is poly, but instead of finding people to date who she could be open and honest with she went for mono people who couldn't handle her having multiple relationships, so she lied and cheated.

I was listening to the soundtrack today and Maureen IS sort of selfish about it, in a "This is how I am, take it or leave it" sort of way, but the characters put up with it instead of all of them TALKING about it! C'mon, couldn't you fit in dealing with poly along with AIDS and being gay in the 90's??

Tags
fantasies, movies