Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 01:01 PM

Default Hi everyone!

It's great to have found a sight for the support and discussion of polyamory. I think this is just the sort of thing I'm looking for.

I'm pretty new to polyamory. I broke off a relationship because I realized that I wanted an open relationship and the option to see other people outside my primary relationship. After that, I met an amazing guy who had also always wanted an open relationship, since he always found that he would go outside every monogamous relationship that he was in.

It's been a journey. We've been together 8 months and we love each other very much, but our experiences with polyamory have not always been smooth. We were open, then we closed for awhile, and now we're open again. He knows that he's definitely polyamorous, but I think I'm still figuring out what works best for me. There are things I like and things I don't like about it. The jealousy, for instance. Sometimes it's not a problem for me, and sometimes it just rears its ugly head.

So I joined this forum to learn more about it. It's not the mainstream, societally-accepted form of relationship, so it's hard to get good support from those around me who don't know much about it and aren't comfortable with it. I'm looking forward to reading more about other people's experiences with it, the good and the bad.

Thanks, everyone! I can't wait to start learning and discovering.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:03 AM

Welcome to the Forum.

There's a lot of reading to be taken advantage of around here.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?