Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 07:07 PM

Question Triple Income Family

I've always liked women. During my 20 year marriage most of my friends were female. When my wife was too busy she would say to 'go out with one of your friends'. I would and there was never any sex but lots of good times.
Now, I'm not married and I can choose my next kind of relationship. I guess my question is: How do I find two like minded women to share lives with? I think my heart is big enough to share and that Love is like fire, the more fuel that's put in the bigger the flames.
I'm not looking at this from just a sexual side (though I love sex). I also see it as a pooling of resources. Resources like knowledge, experience, labor, and a pooling of financial security.
I have small farm in a small town in the Inland North West. Garden, sheep, chickens, orchard, bees...and I want more than one person to share it with. I like the idea of intentional community and I like the idea of intentional family. I just don't know how to start. Are there coupled women out there that want a committed relationship with a man? I'm not interested in experimenting with a lot of different women. I did that before marriage. I'd really like to be a family again. This time different. Extended.
Are there any good examples of this?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:35 PM

Hi and welcome!

Do a tag search on 'unicorns' and 'triads'. Unicorn most often refers to a bisexual single woman who is willing to form a triad with a male-female-couple, but they come in all shapes and sizes.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:44 PM

There are lots of threads here on how to meet people. Do a search, read up, and ask questions. And Welcome! Inland North West where? What country are you in?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 03-05-2011, 01:29 AM

Default US

I'm in the US. Most people think of the coast of Oregon or Washington when I say Northwest. Some of us live inland. Rivers, mountains, fertile soil..
Old 03-05-2011, 02:57 AM

My experience is that the best way to meet "the right people" is simply to open yourself up to meeting more people.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:30 AM

Wanna meet someone? Stop looking. =P Seriously. People come into my life when I'm least expecting it. No need to waste your time "searching".
=]
Old 03-05-2011, 05:00 AM

Default Announcing to the Universe

In "Illusions" there's the example of the Blue Feather. You see them everywhere once you've announced what you're looking for. A thought is just that until you share it with someone. I'm just pronouncing my thoughts here where I think it can be accepted.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayStar View Post
I just don't know how to start. Are there coupled women out there that want a committed relationship with a man? I'm not interested in experimenting with a lot of different women. I did that before marriage. I'd really like to be a family again. This time different. Extended.
Are there any good examples of this?
There are many examples of functioning poly "family" "tribes" whatever they call themselves on this forum, it has been suggested you do a search... good idea! Loving Radiance and I are but two.... many others!

When I am looking for a need to fulfill I start creating it by getting out there and opening the door to others. I created a women's group out of a need to be with other women to talk about our relationships...now 50 women are members and we meet once a month. Others in my community had a need to discuss the basics of poly... so they started inviting people to do so. The meetings have created a whole community that networks together. A lot of love has been shared because of is. Again, I wanted to go camping with poly people in my community... this year it has turned into a two week poly camp (that I am doing workshops at) where everyone is invited. That came out of a camping trip last year.

You can create whatever you want in this life... with the spirit of taking care to not create something that is a detriment to others, to vow to have integrity and respect and be honest and open to others and everything they bring, you seriously can do anything.... mumma was right
Old 03-08-2011, 01:07 AM

"UNICORNS" aren't as rare as people think. It seems you're getting on in years, so if I was you I would target women that are raising kids by themselves. They are very interested in financial and parenting support and are more willing to overlook other things like "non monogamy".
Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciselove View Post
"They are very interested in financial and parenting support and are more willing to overlook other things like "non monogamy".
As a single mother, I pride myself on being completely financially independant...and also of being capable of providing quality parental care at all times.

If I were approached by someone who came to the table with some $$$ and an attitude of "let me help you take care of the kids"....I'd be pretty insulted, truth be told.

And single parents are completely capable of choosing non-monogamy...rather than it being something to be "overlooked"...
We're not sad sacks waiting at home for knights in shining armour to come save us - We're just as likely to be business women/men with full, rich, happy and complex lives...

Deep breathing required here !

That's a big generalisation that many single mothers and single parents would find insulting.

Tags
dating, social