Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Default "love outside the box"

met a girl recently ws goin 2 date with but ended up seeing sum1. I was really glad to hear this but also she was thinking of setting me up with her friends. I got rlly xcited & emailed a .gif "love outside the box" not really thinkn tht sh probs not know wth it means. So I ended up feeln like I had jumped on the soapbox without thinkn. I had to explain it all -she said "so are you looking for a relationship or are you looking for fun?" My answer might be a lot more complic8d thn tht. I'm playing a dangeorus game where I might not get any intro's what so ever. How the forumppl d8d b4? what d8ing expereinces have ppl had like this? or any general advice pls

Last edited by Skyblue; 02-26-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue View Post
met a girl recently ws goin 2 date with but ended up seeing sum1. I was really glad to hear this but also she was thinking of setting me up with her friends. I got rlly xcited & emailed a .gif "love outside the box" not really thinkn tht sh probs not know wth it means. So I ended up feeln like I had jumped on the soapbox without thinkn. I had to explain it all -she said "so are you looking for a relationship or are you looking for fun?" My answer might be a lot more complic8d thn tht. I'm playing a dangeorus game where I might not get any intro's what so ever. How the forumppl d8d b4? what d8ing expereinces have ppl had like this? or any general advice pls
Have mercy on those of us whose first language isn't English! No numbers or too many abbreviations, please.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Custodian

This is now in its own thread.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:35 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
no worries folks I'm getting help with this elsewhere
Old 02-27-2011, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
Have mercy on those of us whose first language isn't English! No numbers or too many abbreviations, please.
That's not English, textish maybe.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
translation

I met a girl recently. Was going to date with [her] but she ended up seeing someone [else]. I was really glad to hear this but also she was thinking of setting me up with her friends. I got really excited and emailed a .gif "love outside the box," not really thinking that she probably didn't know what I meant.

So I ended up feeling like I had jumped on the soapbox without thinking. I had to explain it all -she said, "So, are you looking for a relationship or are you looking for fun?" My answer might be a lot more complicated than that.

I'm playing a dangerous game where I might not get any introductions [to other potential dates] whatsoever. How have the forum people dated before? What dating experiences have people had like this? Or any general advice, please.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 02-27-2011, 06:06 PM

Thank you, Magdlyn!

I've gotten that 'are you poly or just looking for fun?'. OkCupid is easy since you can bring it up in your profile asap.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 AM

Smile Thanks Magdlyn

Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve.

~Percy Byshe Shelley

Love PB Shelley: If they don't get it then its not worth it right? - and thanks for translating my post for us - I'm awfull sorry for the inconvenience ppl!