Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Again I'm sorry things have worked out this way. Hopefully she will realize how much she misses you guys, and sooner rather than later. *HUGS*
Being an only child I can't relate to the lack of attention but I'm glad you're getting what you need now.

Home
Old 10-02-2009, 10:18 PM

We all have "off" times in our lives. It's part of our growing and learning experience.

You don't know much of anything about me as I'm so new but I already have read SO MUCH of what you have written on here recently and found SO MUCH respect for you that I simply wanted to say I'm proud of you for all you are doing and for standing up for what you need in life. I know it's not an easy thing to do.
I know it can't mean a whole lot to gain a strangers respect while losing your mom, but I hope it reinforces for you that your life is not only a blessing for your husband, Mono, and your son, but many others as well.

LR
Old 10-02-2009, 11:28 PM

Thanks lovingradiance. I just speak my truth. Its so great to hear other peoples stories and share so much.We all have so much to give don't we?
Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 AM

RP, I've had times when i stopped speaking to my mother, although it was my choice. A lot of times it had to do with her not respecting my life choices. Most of the times these situations arose, when i felt that she wasn't listening to me, granted i probably wasn't listening to her either. Months later after we both had calmed down we were able to talk it out better. I hope that you and your mom resolve this soon, as it's never easy not being in contact w/a loved one.

Also i hope it didn't seem like i was trying to hijack the thread, i just thought that maybe my experiences could help shed some light.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Hey, RP, JohnnyAce's post reminded me of something in my life I haven't thought of in a long time.

My mother and I were completely estranged for 10 years, because I wouldn't change my life to conform to her requirements. (Sound familiar?)
After that, we had a strained relationship for several more years. Now we're not only reconciled, we live next door to each other.

I still have to maintain firm boundaries with her, but we have a much better relationship than I could have expected.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:37 AM

My father and I were estranged for 8 years and then another 4-6 strained. However now we get along fairly well and have grown past it. It was very much a big issue of accepting me for who I am that brought it up.

Stay strong!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:49 AM

Although you dont know me ,nor do I know you,my wife speaks in high regards about you and Mono.She has a knack of reading the good in ppl.I wish you the very very best to you and yours.

I have not spoken to my mother in 11 years now.I had to make a tough decision when my mother made me choose between her and my wife.I hope someday she will just accept me and my wife for who we are together and seperate.I have these same hopes for your parents as well. Life is to short to be upset.<hugs>
Old 10-05-2009, 07:23 AM

thanks so much for sharing your parent woahs... I REALLY hope it won't take 11 years or more!!! geesh... A few months I can handle.

Today was a good day though and I feel lighter because of it... I wrote about it on another thread...

sharing success and happiness. Here is the link.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...?t=197&page=14
Old 10-05-2009, 07:32 AM

This is progress!! Im so glad she seems to be softening!
Brought me here...
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know that I am
I am, I am
The luckiest..
~ Ben Folds five ~
Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 PM

I've told you about my dad's reaction to my husband and pregnancy. I didn't mention that he furthered it by telling the whole family I only KNEW N for three months before he "knocked me up". Caused alot of tension when I started introducing him around. And I didn't know that was dad's version of our story until just a few months ago!
But things are much better now, as I've told you. It takes time and patience. Sometimes we need to teach our parents new ways of thinking.

Tags
coming out, family, parents, telling family