Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 07:45 PM

Default New here

Hello i am new here, my name is matt, i am about to turn 30, sometimes i have a bit of trouble with words, i have schizophrenia and brain damage, grew up in crack houses my mom was a dealer, and was beaten nearly to death by the age of 2, my mental illness involves a lot of depression to the extent of attempted suicide as a child, too young to remember the exact age but i believe around 5. Ive always had trouble loving only one partner, and that has caused many relationship issues in the past, so now im in a new poly relationship. It feels right overall but some parts are a major adjustment that my mentall illness make tougher to deal with than they really are. Ive been reading through the forums all morning and just seeing how helpful everyone is, and getting other viewpoints on other peoples situations has already started helping me so i think this place will be a huge help to me and thank you all in advance
Old 08-09-2017, 07:48 PM

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum, Matt
Old 08-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Hi Matt - Welcome to the Forum - and best of luck on your new poly journey! Al
Old 08-09-2017, 08:16 PM

Thank you, the hardest part is dealing with mental illness at the same time
Old 08-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings MattMeadBrewer,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sorry to hear about your rough past, and I know your present mental illness isn't helping. I've had a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder, so I have some experience with that, but only you can know the full extent of how hard it is. I'm glad Polyamory.com has been helpful to you so far, and I hope it will continue to help you. We'll do our best to answer any questions you may have.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-10-2017, 06:07 AM

By all means, feel free to jump in & ask questions. I learn a LOT from having to think about stuff.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:46 PM

Welcome Matt. I am sorry you got such a rough start in life, and the ensuing mental illness continues to make things difficult. Best of luck.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 62) loving Pixie (poly, F, 40) since January 2009, living together since 2013
Seeing Kahlo (polyish, M, 45)
Master, (mono, M, 36), Pixie's Dom/bf for 3+ years