Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-16-2014, 06:36 PM

Default What is everyone doing for the holidays?

Just wondering what everyone is doing for the holidays..

I am driving home to my Dads on Christmas Eve.. We are going to have a long talk, so nervous, eventhough I know he is only worried about my happieness.

I will be back at Renee's on Friday for the weekend. Renee and Mark were nice enough to invite me on their family vacation (a Disney cruse) we leave that following week.. More on that on my blog..

What about everyone else?
Old 12-17-2014, 01:46 AM

I will be studying, studying, studying. But boy do I wish I was going on a cruise!

My family is celebrating Christmas this week, because everyone is going out of town and to their in-laws for the holidays. So I will have plenty of peace and quiet time over the holidays...priceless
Old 12-17-2014, 01:57 AM

Nothing for xmas because none of is celebrate it. For newyears Nate , jane, and I are going out to my friend's club and we got a really nice hotel room down town within walking distance to all the bars. Nate has never had alcohol and he's decided this year he wants to drink with us. Im pretty sure if Sam isn't working he'll be with his friends
Old 12-18-2014, 02:23 AM

Boy is coming over on Christmas day, as are a few friends. I'm excited that Hubby and I will be surrounded by our "family" even if there are no blood relatives around.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Official Greeter

Christmas Day will probably be quiet around here -- if things can be quiet just four days after moving from Olympia to Yelm. We tend to go out to eat at some kind of nice restaurant on Christmas Eve or the next day.

I was in Utah on the 6th and "enjoyed" a big Christmas bash with quite a few relatives. Truth be told I have gotten too old to be excited about the holidays. I like it quiet (bah humbug).
Old 12-18-2014, 11:54 PM

Quiet here too. Not combining holiday celebrations with Mal and Djinn yet (haven't even talked about it), so staying home. Usually have a good sized (10-20 people) party, but just couldn't get the timing worked out this year, so I'm doing a New Year's thing instead

Billie and I will still do the turkey and all the trimmings for just the two of us, so we'll have leftovers well into Janiary probably, lol!
Billie: f(20) my daughter
The Kids: Djinn and Mal's children f(11) and m(6)
Old 12-19-2014, 01:14 AM

We're at Disney World right now, which is a huge part of our family Christmas this year. We've bought a few Christmas presents, but we're mostly just enjoying each other and having fun at the parks. We'll be home at 11:30 pm on December 23rd (or at least that's what time our plane is supposed to be in). So the 24th will be hopefully a restful day, other than getting presents wrapped. We're pretty much done shopping, other than anything else we buy here. I go back to work on the 26th. My husband is off until January 5th. I'm a little jealous . We'll probably visit my family and my husband's family on Christmas. We'll have cinnamon rolls in the morning, like we always do.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:03 AM

I'm working extra shifts this season, and taking it easy on my very few days off. That's okay with me - I am not much interested in the 'forced merriment," as I call it, that we are pressured to take part in by society at this time of year. I don't have to go anywhere, buy anything for anyone, eat special foods, nor have to deal with family unless I want to. Whew! What a relief.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 12-19-2014, 12:49 PM

I'm doing a bit of extra work over the holidays too. I don't join in with the present buying or forced enjoyment at this time of year so I am working extra to allow others in my team time off with their families.

I do enjoy the extra social time with loved ones, though. I am spending much of the day on Christmas with my extended family. Then Boxing Day with my partner. Then going away with friends for a couple of days. I have a couple of parties to go to as well.

All fun and none of the stress of buying tons of presents, cards and complicated food.

I give some extra money to charity at this time of year.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:54 PM

Alt and Country are spending the entire school break (Country's school break, which begins Tuesday; Alt isn't in school anymore) with their father, so we're doing our "Christmas" with Hubby's parents and here at our house on Monday night. I'll be driving them to their dad's on Tuesday, and then on Christmas Day, Hubby and I will pick them up from their dad, take them to visit my parents for a couple hours, and then drop them back with their dad. Their dad lives less than an hour from my parents, but he and they live about two hours from Hubby and me.

S2 and I will be exchanging gifts Tuesday night; I'm going to his place after I drop off Alt and Country. When I saw him last night, he sent a gift for each girl home with me, and when I see him Tuesday, I'll be leaving gifts for Spikes and Beads. And the following week, we'll be going to our chat group's New Year's Eve party together.

Hubby will be working Tuesday night, as well as Christmas Eve, so we aren't doing anything couplish for Christmas. And he'll also be working New Year's Eve, which is why he has no problem with S2 being the one to take me to the NYE party.
My daughters: Alt (age 19) and Country (age 16)
S2's sons: Spikes (age 9) and Beads (age 6)
Brick: male, 44, honorary "brother"