Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM

Default Finally living it :)

Hello

I've known I was poly since I was 13 and I read a book by Heinlein called 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'. It describes a wonderful group marriage situation and I remember reading it and thinking 'Wow, this is amazing. Why don't we do this?'. I even remember asking my Mum about it, she looked a little bemused and I think wrote it off as me being young.

I've just got out of a four year relationship with a lovely man who, ultimately, couldn't handle me needing to be poly. I'm finally able to be open about myself and it feels wonderful.
Having some slight issues with my family, but I'm hoping they'll eventually come round...

Anyway. Nice to meet you all
Old 02-23-2011, 01:40 AM

Welcome aboard Eirien. Here is some suncreen and a life jacket...you will likely need them both.
IThink
Old 02-23-2011, 03:29 PM

It's great you feel free now. Too bad about your family, but it's really none of their business how you need or choose to love!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37