Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Old 06-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Default Liara introducing her(?)self!

Hi all,

it's nice to be here!

I'm 33 years old, transgendered (in two-gendered social situations people see me as a female) person and a parent of a six year old. I've just come out of a long and strong relationship that ended quickly and catastrophically and am trying to piece my life together at the time. And because I'm an idiot and because of timing I'm in a new relationship as well (posted a thread about it in the relationships-section).

Long story short - the idea of having multiple relationships feels natural to me and is something I'd like to pursue in my life. At the time I'm thinking that I'm the kind of person who enjoys having a primary relationship and then other relationships on the side but I don't know - time will tell how things evolve for me personally. What I do know for certain is that I need information and peer support (for example a chance to read other peoples thoughts and such) so that's why I'm here. I've lurked here for a while this really seems like a nice place to get those both. And in time I hope I'll have something worth value to contribute too!
Old 06-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Liara,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I read your other thread and it looks like you got pretty advice there. Perhaps Marcus' post was my favorite so far. Relationships are complicated, poly relationships all the more so.

I'm sure you will have some cool stuff to contribute here sooner than you thought. In the meantime read and post as the muse strikes you. I'll be following the intro threads so you can always ping me here if you want.

Glad to have you with us!
Kevin T., "official greeter"

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Love means never having to say, "Put down that meat cleaver!"