Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
Woot, how did you figure out I was talking about myself while I tried to be very theoretical to avoid suspicions that this might be based on my life !
I guess I always assume (a) is the person speaking, thats more where my confusion came from

Quote:
No, seriously, Mr. Sweets and VanillaIce are planning to go on a 'date' next week (by date we mean replenish their energies with food prior to a night of physically demanding horizontal mambo). Mr. Sweets, Windflower and I are a triad. I have a couple-relation with Vanilla. Thinking ahead of myself as I'm wont to do, if the thing between Mr. and Vanilla evolves into something more, will it mean I am now involved in two triads (an hourglass figure from my relationship)? Or do triads by definition require hanging out in and out of bed in threes?
Depends on how you define a triad. Believing a sexual relationship finishes the romantic relationship, I would never call a triad anything but a sexual & romantic relationship between all 3. That would be a V.

Some people do have "loving triads" that don't include sex.

So I guess thats really your call. haha

Quote:
I am trying to quit caffeine .
I tried once.. many moons ago. Its not worth the pain. I have quite so many other things, the addiction gods kind suck it in regards to caffeine.. hahaha

Last edited by Ariakas; 06-05-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:19 PM

I just read 'The Monstrous Regiment' by Terry Pratchett. One character was a vampire who had decided to quit on blood and exchange it for a taste of coffee instead. Needless to say he got a bit...antsy when caffeine wasn't provided.

I'm with you on the 'need to cater to some addictions' thing. I'm trying to tell myself this isn't as bad as being addicted to food or nicotine or ethanol or other drugs while spewing out my breakfast on the bus stop on my way to work in the morning.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Well thats quite a site haha.. but I can't disagree with the visualization. .. I enjoy coffee, the taste, smell and the effects haha.

Haven't heard the name terry pratchet in years. I can't remember what I have read of his. I googled his books and couldn't find anything in there that I recognized.. seems soo familiar. Driving me nuts haha
Old 06-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
What do you call that, like honestly? A triad? A quad?
How about a cluster fuck? Not because it's a screw up, but because it's a cluster of people fucking?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
How about a cluster fuck? Not because it's a screw up, but because it's a cluster of people fucking?
HA!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
. . . you are involved with A and B. A and B are also a couple. Enter C. You and C are a couple. Now, A and C express interest in each other. Imagine that . . . A and C also become involved on a couplish basis.

. . . you-A-C don't view themselves as having one relationship you-A-C in addition to having three parallel relationships you-A, you-C and A-C. So the old adage of 'there is not one, nor three, but FOUR relationships in any triad' would not be applicable. So, whereas the relationship A-B-you is a triad, the new situation would just be you-C and A-C.
Quote:
. . . will it mean I am now involved in two triads (an hourglass figure from my relationship)? Or do triads by definition require hanging out in and out of bed in threes?

Huh???

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 06-06-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:06 AM

Maybe it could be a figure eight?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 PM

Default "OMG she thought I was gay!?!"

Ooh, I like the figure eight idea! Especially since the number is very important for me, and signals eternity and what not.

Also, a cluster, or an intimate network, might be good. Ah, the date is tonight, we shall see how goes.

This is not the first time I'm frustrated that I can't actually draw up charts with these editing tools .

Off-topic now: Today at work, there was the, perhaps inevitable, Big Lesbian Discussion. More specifically, how horrible it is that just because a woman advertises on Facebook that she is in a relationship with a woman, people think that she could actually be SERIOUS?!? Come on, the whole idea is ludicrous. To think that even close friends might start suspecting you are a *lesbian* (the last word comes out in a hushed voice, followed by a lot of giggles).

Yeah, horrible indeed. I just wasn't in the mood to start lecturing them on how a woman being in a relationship with another woman does not by definition make her a lesbian, and how situational bisexuality is probably a lot more common than people assume. Let them have their giggles.

It's weird in a way. The more time you spend around weird people being weird and doing weird stuff, the weirder 'normal people' start to sound.

I mean, honestly. Is sexual orientation really that good of a joke to the majority of the population? When I told my first bf that my brother was gay, he insisted that it was funny. 'No it isn't'. 'Come on, it's a little funny'. After six years, still failing to see the funny.

Last edited by BlackUnicorn; 06-08-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: I confused the words 'gay' and 'guy' :)
Old 06-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
It's weird in a way. The more time you spend around weird people being weird and doing weird stuff, the weirder 'normal people' start to sound.
This times 10,000.

The funny part is that they don't realize they sound wierd-- because they think they are normal, or more honestly they think there is such a thing as normal.

I was reading something yesterday that said basically that the less people know or learn, the more they think they know a lot. People who learn a lot basically then realize how much is out there that they don't know. Which is why the first group of people tend to be arrogant and cocky and think they are smarter than they are, while the second group of people tend to be more humble or at least know they don't know all that much. It's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Oh yes. THIS.

Tags
break up, couples, jealousy, nre, triad fallout/vee, unicorns