Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 12:40 PM

Default Hello from BC, Canada

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this site for a few days, reading as many posts as I can, and am so glad to have found this online community! There is such clarity here, even when the clarity is written about the tangles people are experiencing, and I appreciate all the advice and storytelling that are offered up by those with more experience.

I am a 42 yr old poly, bi female in an LTR with my mono, heterosexual partner D. We have been together for 7 years, and have agreed to open our relationship in the past two months. I am just beginning to look around, and have begun exchanging emails with a single male and a couple. It's been a while since I did the dating thing, and I've never actually met people online before. All my partners have been people I have already known, so this is a new aspect of dating (that kinda makes me feel like a bit of a dinosaur.)

Looking forward to learning from the community here!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings WillowRising,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sounds like you are doing pretty well at taking your first steps into poly, there is no need to be in a hurry or anything. Just exchange emails with the people you're interested in, unless/until you feel good about the idea of meeting them for coffee or something. In the meantime, continue reading and posting on Polyamory.com so as to increase your knowledge and perspective.

Much kudos goes to D for being supportive of your desire to explore a poly life. So many monogamous partners struggle with the idea of poly and open relationships in the beginning, and it is a real bonus if your partner "gets it" right away. I wish both of you the best, and am glad to have you on our site.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Smile

Hi willow in bc... I and my men are to feel free to private message me as I and me guys are wondering ... MAN!!! Does anyone go out for fun anymore like oh a nightclub ,dance have fun throw parties been a long time since I lived lower mainland... whats your thoughts?

Swirl