Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-05-2014, 12:41 AM

Regardless of emotions; I would treat it as friends only until such time as it changes.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:35 AM

All I know is you can never hang any hopes on whether or not someone else gets their shit together. Move on and live your life as if you know it will never happen. Then if it does, bonus! Or not - you might be in a totally different place and no longer interested. But don't put your life on hold for anybody.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 04-05-2014, 10:35 PM

I could be beating a dead horse to on this, and I would never promote equestrian abuse living or dead but here is my thoughts on the matter. I agree with what everyone else has said about respecting his wifes issues but also taking care of your own needs as well. I think it is important that you don't allow the "limbo" phase to make you miss other opportunities, such as other romantic interest. This also means not holding yourself back from actively pursuing other mates if that is something you desire. Inform him of this so there is no vexation if you were to move on, unless the wifes coping phase really is only going to be for a few months or so.

A few months holding back on the relationship is trivial in the overall picture, a few years however...
Old 04-05-2014, 11:03 PM

For sure, I'm thinking a few months. Years isn't going to happen. As for looking for other potential romantic opportunities, I'm not one to seek out relationships. I'm open to them if and when they happen. I figure we meet the people we meet when we're supposed to.