Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
In the beginning of my relationship with Chops, I would definitely say we were both heavily impacted by NRE. I would get up early to Skype with him (I'm *sooo* not a 5am person!), I'd check my phone as often as I could to see if he texted me, I'd get all twitterpated to the point where I couldn't eat half the time.

Now, I'm putting weight back on again.
(Which is mainly because I'm not getting my ass out to exercise, but I'm definitely past the point of "not eating")

I love sending/receiving texts during the day, but I'm not hanging on them, and neither is he. And we don't wake up at 5 unless we have to... usually not even for sex.

BUT... I still adore the man. We still write each other beautiful emails and notes once in a while. We still snuggle up on the couch and talk more than we sit and watch TV. We cook together. We do yard work or work on the house together. It's WONDERFUL. And it seems to be NRE-free, which is even better.

So no, a good relationship doesn't mean it's all NRE. Enjoy the chemistry.
Thanks for this That's how its gone with Nudge too. hes away for 9 days right now, I miss him like crazy....but last year, Id have been glued to the phone,. Jumped every time it dings to see if it was him, mope if he went 24 hrs without a message lol.....but this year, Im thrilled when I hear from him but when he didn't write between Sunday and Tuesday morning, I figured he was busy and was just happy to talk to him once we did. Im not all crazy about it....but still crazy about him.

Tags
long distance, nre, vee