Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 05-12-2014, 07:04 PM

Default Have you experienced this?

The scenario is that a girl and a guy are interested in each other, but has no common ground for meeting and don't dare to contact each other. The guy might frequent some place he knows the girl might also frequent. The girl notices the guy, but don't dare to make direct contact. Instead she will plan to happen to be at the place where she anticipates the guy to be, just hiding somewhere out of sight. As the guy is approaching, she will walk out in front of him (maybe some 10-50 metres in front). She will not make it obvious that she waited, rather slowly walk in front of him in order for him to catch up. She then hopes the guy will follow her.

Question to guys: Have you experienced this, and if so, what happened?

Question to girls: Have you done this, and if so, what happened?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 PM

Cant say that I have, I usually just walk up to the girl and start talking, and I tend to be interested in brazen girls so it is reversed as well.

Its rare to play that kind of coy game, it usually leaves someone hanging. To much chance for lost communication and lost interaction.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:48 PM

Maybe in junior high school.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 05-12-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Lol that's what I was thinking
Old 05-12-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyourendo View Post
Lol that's what I was thinking
Me too...lol
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:09 AM

I've had half this scenario: someone interested, clearly trying to be where I am and do the whole coy thing and not directly engaging me.

What happened was I ignored them (and occasionally got creeped out by them). Mind games are a waste of time, too much drama, and I have better things to do. Someone who either likes drama that much, or who lacks any confidence, is a turn off for me.

YMMV, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdos View Post
The scenario is that a girl and a guy are interested in each other, but has no common ground for meeting and don't dare to contact each other. The guy might frequent some place he knows the girl might also frequent. The girl notices the guy, but don't dare to make direct contact. Instead she will plan to happen to be at the place where she anticipates the guy to be, just hiding somewhere out of sight. As the guy is approaching, she will walk out in front of him (maybe some 10-50 metres in front). She will not make it obvious that she waited, rather slowly walk in front of him in order for him to catch up. She then hopes the guy will follow her.

Question to guys: Have you experienced this, and if so, what happened?

Question to girls: Have you done this, and if so, what happened?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
HA! My thought exactly.

Both poly-experienced, but not looking.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAcres View Post
I've had half this scenario: someone interested, clearly trying to be where I am and do the whole coy thing and not directly engaging me.

What happened was I ignored them (and occasionally got creeped out by them). Mind games are a waste of time, too much drama, and I have better things to do. Someone who either likes drama that much, or who lacks any confidence, is a turn off for me.

YMMV, of course.
I've been there, too. Very unattractive.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:32 AM

This is a common symptom of a culture exposed to a deluge of sitcoms, romcoms, and chick flicks: too many people circling one another waiting for that "magic moment" to "just happen."

If someone simply must have a meet-cute story to tell the grandchildren, I suggest that they hire a scriptwriter, a director, and make sure that all the actors know their lines in advance. That's how you make a movie, not real life. Real life is sloppy, mistakes happen, connections are missed.

If you're looking for magic in the real world, remember the fundamental formula of magic: thought, word, and deed. Intent alone rarely accomplishes much.

Take chances. Approach those you're interested in and chat them up. If they're so unstable that a friendly word or smile blows their mind, you're better off without them in your life.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:26 AM
Banned

This sounds like the perception of a stalker.