Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Did she share her reasons with you? Just curious about the basis for her wanting such a long delay. Is it just because this is new to her?
She's nervous due to our strong feelings for each other. She doesn't want to mess anything up, which I can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostatsea View Post
The real question is "Is she worth the wait to you or is having sex right now more important to you than she is?" Everyone progresses or not in any relationship according to their comfort zone.
She's worth the wait, of course. I was simply posting to gauge whether or not I was being unreasonable.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Official Greeter

Re (from OP):
Quote:
"So how long do you wait for sex in a new relationship?"
Where "relationship" is defined as "romantic relationship," and just judging from the small (five tops, where only two were ever "sealed with a kiss" much less "consummated") number of romances I've ever been in, I'd say perhaps six months to a year.

Re:
Quote:
"How long should I wait?"
Heh I don't think there's any right answer to that question. It depends entirely on the individuals involved.

Glad you and your GF got something mutually acceptable worked out.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 PM

uh....yeah. we started pretty darn quick. but we'd also been friends for years
Old 03-07-2014, 01:53 AM

I'm cool with up to 6 months. Leo, however, is a 3 date kind of guy. He actually waited until the 4 the date (1 month) with me, but I'm different from most women he's known. I'm kind of weird. I'm glad you feel like you're moving forward and hope it all goes well for you!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:59 AM
Banned

1st date for me
Old 03-18-2014, 12:52 PM

Default Jokes on me

So...just to update everyone (not that anyone really cares...LOL) but yesterday, after 4 months, she tells me she's not sexually attracted to me and wants to be friends. Explains a lot though. Sucks that I was emotionally invested in this relationship only to find out she only wants to be friends. But it is what it is
Old 03-18-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ate2007 View Post
So...just to update everyone (not that anyone really cares...LOL) but yesterday, after 4 months, she tells me she's not sexually attracted to me and wants to be friends. Explains a lot though. Sucks that I was emotionally invested in this relationship only to find out she only wants to be friends. But it is what it is
Ugh! I do care, and that's really too bad. As a bi woman I get all kinds of p/o'ed at these "bi curious" women who are nothing but teases.

Like, you're either into sex with other women, or you're not. Why wouldn't you know? I don't get it. Same goes for men, I guess.

I know I am being too black and white, but I'm either all in, or all out, when it comes to an attraction. None of this shilly shallying for me!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 03-18-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Ugh! I do care, and that's really too bad. As a bi woman I get all kinds of p/o'ed at these "bi curious" women who are nothing but teases.

Like, you're either into sex with other women, or you're not. Why wouldn't you know? I don't get it. Same goes for men, I guess.

I know I am being too black and white, but I'm either all in, or all out, when it comes to an attraction. None of this shilly shallying for me!
She swears she into women but doesn't have sexual chemistry with me, despite us almost having sex. yeah, this came out of left field and threw me for a loop.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:37 PM

Generally, I know from the first look if I am sexually attracted to someone or not. Then, I know there is chemistry from the first kiss. 4 months of making out and touching and NOW she decides she's not attracted? Excuse me?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 03-18-2014, 01:38 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

I am sorry that happened to you. It took her four months to figure that out, but honestly, it is quite possible she really did not know. I wondered that when I first read your posts, but other theories were plausible.

Out of curiousity, did you ask her when she knew that for sure? I am curious as to how long she knew, and if it was for a while, why she dragged her feet and told you that it would happen in x amount of time? Granted for most people, primary attraction is immediate. IMC, that is not so, which is why I say it is possible.

My Blog

Tags
bisexual, girl on girl, sex, wait