Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-21-2015, 11:20 PM

Default Uncharted

Today will be the first implementation of the big changes heading our way.

Hubs is currently at the airport retrieving Wifey's son. He's staying with us temporarily. I'm currently taking a break from making curtains out of bed sheets to hang in what will be "his" space (I'm sewing button holes and buttons on to the sheets to make them removable from the rope we'll be using to hang them).

Then on Friday, Hubs flies up to Wifey and will spend the following week helping her purge, clean, pack and then drive down with her and her critters.

I'm suddenly nervous, realizing that it's finally happening. Trying to breathe and remain calm. I'm slightly stressed and overwhelmed by what all needs to be done still, feeling a bit unprepared for even Son to come, but it's too late now! I do like to be overly busy, as I find it has a lot of rewards (the moment you finally sit down to read a book, for example).

Being Poly isn't new. Having someone other than Hubs and the Spawn living with us is. Uncharted territory and I'm thrilled with anticipation of exploration!

Part of a V - Me, Hubs and Wifey.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:37 AM

Good luck with it all! I'm excited / nervous for you, too!