Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
YMMV
Huh? I had to ask,I dnt kno wht u mean by that.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:15 AM
Official Greeter

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary, i.e., your experience may differ from what is described here.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary, i.e., your experience may differ from what is described here.
Thanks Kdt. Unfortunately, not all abbreviations and such are common knowledge. I find sometimes when reading things w those types of abbreviations it is difficult to follow.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:43 AM

You got in before me, thanks Kevin.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:18 PM

I smoke occasionally. I used to smoke a lot in my younger days.

I have a cousin whose daughter gets these terrible headaches. Not migraines exactly, but basically she has a chronic headache varying between 6 and 8 on a daily basis (scale of 1-10). They've "tried everything." They're very conservative christians, but I wanted so badly to suggest they try medicinal marijuana. I've heard so many success stories for treating chronic pain. But I didn't think my aunt's (her mother's) funeral weekend was the best time or place to bring it up, knowing how controversial it is and how conservative they are.

I'm 100% in favour of legalization. Let's tax that shit! It blows my mind that both alcohol and tobacco are legal, each of which is at least as, if not more, harmful. Nobody has ever smoked a joint and then gone home and beaten their children. When a stoner gets into a car accident, it's no big deal because they're just backing out of the garage. JK, driving under the influence is stupid no matter what the influence, and that goes for many OTC and prescription medications.

My biggest problem right now with smoking is that the only person I know only sells huge bags. I'm compulsive when it comes to weed, if I have it, I have to smoke it. I bypass the problem by not buying it. But it would be nice to be able to walk down to 7-11 and just buy one joint, like how they sell those fancy little cigarillos, individually wrapped and humidity controlled.

Then there's the whole cutting down on crime thing. Oh sure, they'll just find something else to sell on the black market, but really... How many millions do the NA govt's spend annually on hunting down, prosecuting, and incarcerating people for smoking dried plants? Seriously. What a waste.

Last edited by SchrodingersCat; 03-02-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoblu View Post
Thanks Kdt. Unfortunately, not all abbreviations and such are common knowledge. I find sometimes when reading things w those types of abbreviations it is difficult to follow.
Google.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Official Greeter

Couple of other links for defining webspeak abbreviations:
Had t'pimp my own baby of course.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 AM

I actually miss the days when people would carry on conversations, minus all this web speak and abbreviations... those were the days when one could carry on and follow a conversation without asking someone to clarify..or having to find some stupid key on the net to try to follow a conversation.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:36 AM
Official Greeter

Heh. Don't get me started. We'll derail the thread.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:19 AM

You mean the days when people had their conversations in person or written on paper? Nothing's preventing you from favouring that form of communication if you prefer it. You choose to participate in online forums. Price of admission.

Abbreviations for online forums go back way before the internet was a "thing." It was around of course, but only the government used it. The rest of us would login to a BBS with our ULTRA FAST 2400 baud modems and do basically what we do here. But slower. Because a 2400 baud modem wasn't actually remotely fast, never mind ultra. You paid attention to each and every character you wrote. They downloaded so slow you could actually see the individual letters downloading. 2400 bits per second, 8 bits per letter. Of course, that's the maximum speed of the modem, not accounting for latency because the other computer was on the other side of the country, or the fact that it was running on a desktop with a whopping 512 kB RAM in some guy's basement. And of course, you may or may not have been paying long-distance charges to call that computer on the other side of the country.

With cell phones what they are today, teenagers think they invented this shit. lol. That means "laughing out loud" btw.

Yeah, thread derailed. But it's a thread about smoking weed. You don't expect that to remain clear and focused, do you?

Last edited by SchrodingersCat; 03-03-2014 at 02:21 AM.