Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Custodian

Legally in the US at least, pets ARE property... But I don't value them as such.

If anything, THEY own ME.

And FYI, when they pee on something they know is special or important to you, it usually means they are trying to communicate a health problem. Not always though. Some of my cats are just jerks. But EVERY one that has peed on the bed (I have a waterproof mattress cover now) has subsequently been diagnosed with some sort of kidney or bladder pathology.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM

good to know.

River's Blog
Old 08-28-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
And FYI, when they pee on something they know is special or important to you, it usually means they are trying to communicate a health problem. Not always though. Some of my cats are just jerks. But EVERY one that has peed on the bed (I have a waterproof mattress cover now) has subsequently been diagnosed with some sort of kidney or bladder pathology.
Not trying to stay OT here, but it also can happen if they are mad at you for something. When my mom would go out of town her cat would pee on our (hubby and my) stuff! Nothing wrong with her physically, but emotionally she was, well pissed.

As for the actual topic, The FB quiz that I took came up with was "INFJ:You seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. You want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. You are conscientious and committed to your firm values. You develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. You are organized and decisive in implementing your vision." Although I think for J/P I've gotten both as I do tend to be very "perceiving" over "judging" usually.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:49 PM

Did the Facebook quiz too and came out ENFP... although, having done it before I was right on the edge of everything but the Extrovert one.

This really stood out as a poly trait!
"ENFPs who have not learned to follow through may have a difficult time remaining happy in marital relationships. Always seeing the possibilities of what could be, they may become bored with what actually is. The strong sense of values will keep many ENFPs dedicated to their relationships. However, ENFPs like a little excitement in their lives, and are best matched with individuals who are comfortable with change and new experiences."
http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

So anyone know what the most common ones are?

Mono, you come off as ISTJ sometimes. The whole "we have always done it this way" is more flexible than one might imagine. It is true, i have never met a more punctual person in my life! I love that as I come from a family that drives me crazy with their lack of punctuality. I have always found it very rude... to them it is perfectly okay to show up for a dinner party an hour late! It drives me crazy!!!
Wow, just read it again for the fourth time! You are so like that! Uncanny!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
perfectly okay to show up for a dinner party an hour late! It drives me crazy!!!
Wow, just read it again for the fourth time! You are so like that! Uncanny!
Don't read it too many times...you may change your mind !!!

But at least I'll be on time when you dump me

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Banned

I've tested three times with licensed evaluators and came out as ENXP almost always scoring exactly between thinking and feeling, sometimes being a point towards feeling.

All I know is that I'm a people person and love people and find any people that cross my path to be amazing because they're people.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
All I know is that I'm a people person and love people and find any people that cross my path to be amazing because they're people.
Hmm... I'm the opposite way. Human individuals usually at some point end up disgusting and/or disappointing me for some reason, usually having something to do with the way animals are being treated.

But I still keep coming back for more...

This is sort of along the lines of the "enigmatic" post I made in that other thread that RedPepper started.

PS -

I wasn't always like this. I used to think I was a people-person but doing cat-rescue will cure someone of that... Although we need people-people in animal rescue too.... it just ain't me babe.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 08-29-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Hmm... I'm the opposite way. Human individuals usually at some point end up disgusting and/or disappointing me for some reason
My dear, HOW are you poly? You sound like my ex gf to some extent. And I often wondered the same about her for all I loved her and still do.

Wait....you're not her in disguise are you? *looking around paranoid*

MUAH!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ123 View Post
My dear, HOW are you poly?
I don't you have to love all of mankind to be poly, you just have to be able to love more than one. Technically if you can love two people and hate the rest of the world..you're still poly

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-30-2009, 01:37 AM

Psstt...Mono...I was teasing. I'm in a weird mood today. Caught between a low and a high. So playful, but ripe with sarcasm. YGirl-I hope I didn't offend. You really do sound alot like my ex. And dammit if I don't still pine over her most days. She's an amazing woman.

Tags
myers briggs, personality, personality test, personaltiy test, psychology