Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
Some pointers might be:

1) Meet women with a high libido
2) Don't date women with a low libido.

Not sure how Kevin is supposed to help you!
LOL thanks
Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natja View Post
Some pointers might be:

1) Meet women with a high libido
2) Don't date women with a low libido.

Not sure how Kevin is supposed to help you!
Seriously though, it has made my gf's ploy world very difficult for the 3 of us because she has a very low libido and her gf and I have very high ones and my gf gets super jealous if we even talk to each other in private.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:47 AM
Official Greeter

Help me Kevin -- help, help, me Kevin,
Help me Kevin -- help, help, me Kevin,

LOL, okay I got that out of my system now.

Seriously though civfan and sorry I didn't respond sooner, I'm like a wizard, I disappear for days or weeks at a time without notice. But seriously man, you need some kind of help with your girlfriend's jealousy issues. Can you find a poly-friendly counselor and if so, would your girlfriend be willing to join you in seeing that counselor? I can list a few links for finding poly-friendly professionals if that will help.

If you tell your girlfriend, "Babe, I need sex more often," and she angrily retorts, "Well go get another girlfriend then!" only to then get mad (jealous) at you when you do try to go get another girlfriend: Dude, that's not cool, she's not treating you right. You need to have a heavy heart-to-heart with her sometime when the two of you can talk without getting mad.

I'll be able to give better advice as I find out more about your situation, but right now that's what occurs to me when GBWIP.

Good luck, hope this, well, helps.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:10 AM

LOL Kevin, well my gf and her gf came over today so I tried being friendly with her gf like she wants but then she got mad that I was talking to her too much, so then I started talking to her about work and then she got mad, if you or any other guys on here have more than one girl friend I really don't know how you do it and stay sane.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Official Greeter

Now is this both girlfriends (taking turns) getting mad at you, or just the one? Perhaps the three of you need to sit down and have a formal "Relationship Talk." Just straight up and tell them you're having trouble figuring out how they need you to act, and that you have needs too.

Honestly, though, I'm detecting a lot of angry in your main girlfriend at least though. This might not even be a jealousy issue, it might be an anger management issue. I could be wrong of course ...
Old 02-10-2014, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Now is this both girlfriends (taking turns) getting mad at you, or just the one? Perhaps the three of you need to sit down and have a formal "Relationship Talk." Just straight up and tell them you're having trouble figuring out how they need you to act, and that you have needs too.

Honestly, though, I'm detecting a lot of angry in your main girlfriend at least though. This might not even be a jealousy issue, it might be an anger management issue. I could be wrong of course ...
No I think you are right, she has rage issues, guess I'll just tough it out and try to be happy.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Official Greeter

Oohh, that's harsh.

I don't suppose there's any chance she might be willing to recognize that she has a problem? I mean it could be hormonal or otherwise chemical. Sometimes just getting the right prescription med can help. And it would pay off for her personally too, because she'd feel better. It can't feel good to be mad all the time, it just can't.

Anything in her past? Could she have PTSD? Just wondering.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Oohh, that's harsh.

I don't suppose there's any chance she might be willing to recognize that she has a problem? I mean it could be hormonal or otherwise chemical. Sometimes just getting the right prescription med can help. And it would pay off for her personally too, because she'd feel better. It can't feel good to be mad all the time, it just can't.

Anything in her past? Could she have PTSD? Just wondering.
She's already on Prozac, I just think that's her personality to raise her voice a lot, she's usually a lot better when she's drunk and or stoned, usually every night by 8:PM
Old 02-10-2014, 12:54 PM

I am not getting any idea of why you are with this woman. She's super jealous, she doesn't meet your sexual needs, she won't "let" you see other women to meet those needs, she gets mad if you so much as talk to her gf (your former lover), she yells a lot, she's only calm when drunk or stoned.

Are you being emotionally abused?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 02-10-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I am not getting any idea of why you are with this woman. She's super jealous, she doesn't meet your sexual needs, she won't "let" you see other women to meet those needs, she gets mad if you so much as talk to her gf (your former lover), she yells a lot, she's only calm when drunk or stoned.

Are you being emotionally abused?
I wouldn't say I am being abused at all, I've got a lot of my own faults too, with no offence meant to anyone I feel I am about done with this thread but I am going to start a new one about jealousy.