Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-16-2016, 09:01 PM

Default LSB Weight Loss Daily Goals and Accomplishments

"LSB" for "Life Stories & Blogs"—a weight loss thread for those of us who haunt the blog section. Let's post here the little things we do or aim to do each day to further our progress toward our goals.

I'll start.

I would like to lose about 15 pounds (most of which I've gained in the past four months, yikes!). To this end, I am trying to wake up early and run for at least 20 minutes every weekday, and I also started the 30-day plank challenge today to firm up core tone.

I am also trying to cut down on the amount that I drink, and eat better, but I am still working out what "eat better" looks like for me.

Today and yesterday I was good about the exercise part and eating during the work day (mostly fruit and peanut butter).

But yesterday evening, I was not so good about the food and drink. I had two cocktails and a beer after work, as well as eating some candy, olive bread, and brie right when I got gome because I was ravenous. And then Rider's tradition is eating wings and tater tots when he watches a wrestling pay-per-view, but he recently stopped eating meat, so I fried us up some fake chicken nuggets in homemade buffalo sauce and baked some tots. Whoops.

Today my small, manageable goal is to be better than I was yesterday when it comes to food and drink choices. I will have fewer drinks, and I will make a healthier dinner. If I am ravenous right when I get home, I will eat fruit instead of sweets and cheese.

And when I wake up tomorrow, I will run and do the plank challenge again.

My blog is here.
Total cast of characters therein can be found here.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:25 PM

Great idea, Reverie! My weight loss goal is 5 lbs but I want to tone up and decrease body fat.

What I'm doing now: Using the eliptical for ten minutes before work and using the swork it app on my phone 3 days/week. I've also cut out sodas and high-calorie coffee drinks.

My goal for the next week: increase the elliptical to fifteen minutes, reduce my sugar intake, and use my weight bench for my arms/legs 4x/week.

My two biggest obstacles are time...because I'm crazy/busy at work at the moment. And, my sugar addiction
Old 03-16-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
What I'm doing now: Using the eliptical for ten minutes before work and using the swork it app on my phone 3 days/week.
How long have you been using the app, and do you like it a lot? I'm always down to try new apps. Right now I use MapMyRun, but that's only cardio, obviously, and it looks from that link like yours has a wider variety of options. For a while I was using MyFitnessPal to track calories, but I am very much a "handful of this, dash of that" kind of cook, and measuring stuff out just got too tedious for me.

My blog is here.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
How long have you been using the app, and do you like it a lot? I'm always down to try new apps. Right now I use MapMyRun, but that's only cardio, obviously, and it looks from that link like yours has a wider variety of options. For a while I was using MyFitnessPal to track calories, but I am very much a "handful of this, dash of that" kind of cook, and measuring stuff out just got too tedious for me.
For less than two weeks. I like it ok. I haven't delved into it to see if I can incorporate any of my equipment to amp up my work out...but it's a nice change of pace. If I don't change up my routine, I tend not to stay compliant long. I use MapMyRun, too, when I jog or walk
Old 03-16-2016, 10:29 PM

I'm also thisclose to plunking down for an intro package for a pilates studio down the street from me that offers 5 classes for $40 for new members. I've never really done pilates before but I think it would be helpful, and they have a class that starts late enough that I could get there after work without rushing.

My blog is here.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:47 PM

My current weight loss goal is 35lbs, to lose the weight that (according to my fitness pal) I mostly gained after my grandmother died in December. I'm down 10 since the beginning of March.

I'm back to drinking my water, not drinking excessively on a regular basis, and watching my sugar. Alcohol is the bane of my existence, because it's so good, but also loaded with calories and things that make me want to eat things high in fat and starch.

I continue to exercise (crossfit twice a week), but walking my dog and being out in the yard more will help too.

I have a blog over here, starring:
Me (panromantic demisexual 30-something)
Guitarist (my husband, who occasionally blogs here)
Purr (my girlfriend, who occasionally blogs here), Kittens 1 and 2 (Purr's boys, ages 5 and 2)
Flame (my long-distance boyfriend)
Sunshine and Hatter (Purr's friends), Quiet (Purr's boyfriend)
Old 03-16-2016, 11:49 PM

Thank you for starting this thread!

I would really like to lose the 5ish pounds I have gained since going back on the pill. (I'd be happy to keep whatever fraction of those landed in my boobs, though ) I feel really stuck because I already work out and eat healthy, and I'm not sure where to cut calories/add exercise without driving myself insane.

Currently I run - usually 6 miles, about an hour - 3 nights a week. Another 3 are toning/flexibility/core stuff - also an hour.My "night off" I mow the lawn. I can't really do mornings because that's when I walk my dogs. (Which is not really "exercise", we go about a mile in 30 minutes. They like to stop and smell the roses. And pee on them.) I'm eating about 1800 calories a day, which is my normal.

I definitely need to be better about eating when I go out At home I'm careful with portions, and I bring my own food to work. At restaurants, not so careful. Also, I rarely drink at home, maybe one or two beers a week. But I'll have 3 margaritas some nights at a good Mexican place

For now I'm going to *try* to switch one of my core days to a run and see if that helps, calorie burn-wise.

And any advice on not blowing a weeks worth of hard work in one night at a restaurant would be greatly appreciated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
What I'm doing now: Using the eliptical for ten minutes before work and using the swork it app on my phone 3 days/week.
That app looks awesome! I usually do yoga/Pilates/dance DVDs on my no-run days, but I'm completely bored of them all. Thanks for the recommendation

Female, straight, 36
Married 12 years to Andy
Dating Dag for about a year
Sharing Andy with Stephanie for practically forever
Old 03-16-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFromTexlahoma View Post
For now I'm going to *try* to switch one of my core days to a run and see if that helps, calorie burn-wise.
I've read—and occasionally tried, but not this week so far—that interval sprints during a run help break a plateau and work a "weight-training style" burn into running. I know when I've tried them that I am actually sore the next day. I intend to re-incorporate them soon.

My blog is here.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:14 AM

Also, if anyone wants my MyFitnessPal handle to be buddies, feel free to send me a private message and I'll add you. I've been on there a lot more now that a friend is, and having people to cheer on helps me =D

I have a blog over here, starring:
Me (panromantic demisexual 30-something)
Guitarist (my husband, who occasionally blogs here)
Purr (my girlfriend, who occasionally blogs here), Kittens 1 and 2 (Purr's boys, ages 5 and 2)
Flame (my long-distance boyfriend)
Sunshine and Hatter (Purr's friends), Quiet (Purr's boyfriend)
Old 03-17-2016, 12:15 AM

Cool idea! Thank you.

UF put me on to Runkeeper, which can do all sorts of different activities (I cycle, because running is too hard on my body). It's much less intrusive than Mapmyrun. If anyone else uses Runkeeper, pm me and we could buddy up?

I want (kinda need) to lose 25 kg. To do this, I need to combine rather strict diet (including no alcohol or fizzy drink, obviously) and exercise regimes because one or the other just doesn't work.