Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 12:52 PM

I've found that men rarely pay any attention to my wedding ring. They assume if I'm flirting with them, I'm available. One guy, even after I Facebook friended him where my status clearly says "married," still assumed I was separated, as I was so obviously flirting with him.

I have learned to say as soon as I know I'm interested: "I'm married, but that doesn't mean I don't want to get to know you. My husband and I have an understanding."

I've had little trouble finding people (especially men) willing to have a sexual relationship with a married woman. Finding people willing to forge an emotional connection as well has been more difficult. If you have a polyamorous community where you live, you might have better luck finding people willing to form emotional as well as sexual connections.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:18 PM

If the conversation/flirting comes to would you like to do xyz with me. I would then say to the man. I would love to do xyz with you but just so you know I am married but I have an open relationship. Then we would have the polyamory talk. I am blunt and to the point.

For example met Murf while out with friends out at classic car cruises and events locally . I am in the classic car scene Butch is not. One of the stops is at a local diner Murf asked me out over dinner on our third meeting. We that night had a talk about poly and how I ran my relationships. After mulling things over he decided he wanted me in his life. 2 years later we get stronger day by day.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.