Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 11:43 AM

Default New to Poly

My name is Greg and I am new to the idea of being poly but the more I read about it the more it explains my guilt I have had. I never really thought about non-monogamous relationships but have come to the realization that I do love more than one woman and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

So I am going through a divorce and part of that is my wife is a very jealous monogamous type. The entire marriage of 2.5 years I have been suppressing my love for the other woman and feeling guilty about it. I now realize that I don't love either of them more than the other and moreover I am not jealous when my wife revealed she had developed feelings for another man.

I am trying to come to terms with this possibility and that lead me to look for a way to communicate with others who had to reconcile non-traditional views with the status quo.

I am not looking for a relationship right now at all. I wouldn't mind new friends but mostly I just am here for support and understanding.

I'm not shy and can be blunt and sarcastic. Ask me anything and I look forward to starting this journey.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:51 PM

Welcome to the forum. you'll find a variety of information here. I've learned a lot in the four months I've been a member. Many here have much to share and I've grown so much myself from the knowledge I've gleaned.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:48 AM
Official Greeter

Hi Greg,
Welcome to our forum.

I think just some general looking around (on our various boards and threads), and posting any thoughts, questions, experiences, or concerns you wish to share, will help you to connect with people who can express support and understanding, and reconcile non-traditional views with the status quo. I guess my take on it is that polyamory still isn't widely known as a relationship option, much less a viable one. So you can't get a lot of support for it out in the big wide world, and sometimes if you need someone to talk to, a poly forum like this one is your best bet.

I'm not so good at keeping up on all the other boards; I mostly "specialize" in the intro board. But if you post (in this thread) any links to other threads you'd like me to look at, I'll follow those links.

Hope we can be of service.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.