Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-23-2014, 01:29 AM
Official Greeter

Shwhew, cat lover here so let's have those accolades. Actually I likes me some dogs and other critters too, but, other than certain Balinese cats I fall in love with all of 'em.

Re (from Hades36):
Quote:
"What would be your ideal life? What would it look like? Feel like?"
Hummm. Many-layered question. If ya *really* wanna know, it'd be far in the future, when I had access to perpetual life extension and good reason to expect to be able to take full advantage of it.

From there I'd just like to see and participate in the sum improvement of humanity (and the sum improvement of all life on Earth and beyond). I'd like to learn every (written, spoken, and computer) language, climb every mountain ... visit every planet, star, and galaxy ... you get the picture.

I once described "my version of Heaven" as a little cabin in Tibet, to which my friends and family would come oft to play D&D with me and whatnot. Heh, still doesn't sound bad but I now desire more specific room for the close companions in my life. And I've developed a taste for city life.

Reducing my scope to something closer to reality-as-it-now-is, I wish there was a cure for Alzheimer's and that my wife was still with me. Hmmm, other than that impossible request, I think I'm actually pretty happy with the life I have.

What does it look like? Some guy typing away at his computer in the Seattle area. Ah, the divine joys of wi-fi! How does it feel? Relaxed. Zen. Everything won't be great and perfect in the little life my V has together, but it'll be decent and that makes me mighty lucky. We have a nice house (technically an apartment but sure looks/feels like a house -- a shiny new one at that). I have a "little kingdom" (a roomy personal bedroom -- spacious window, pleasant view -- large attached bath). My favorite brother (along with cool connected relatives) lives nearby. I have a cat who snuggles with me in bed. It's little things like that that make me feel contentedly at home.

Re:
Quote:
"And what dreams have you compromised for others, and why exactly?"
The biggest dream I ever compromised was the adoption offer extended to me in 1985 by my awesome friend in Colorado and his parents. I turned it down in order to please my own parents, extended family, church, and a God Who I sadly feared/assumed wouldn't take kindly to me walking out on the mission field. I've had many sorrowful regrets about that decision since then ... and yet ... if I hadn't made that decision, then I wouldn't have the life that I have today. I wouldn't have the V companions that I have. So was it ultimately a bad choice? One can never know for sure ... at least not without a time machine.

Good thread, glad I checked it out (and necromanced it).