Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarechild View Post
Thanks for sharing your story- I hope this forum helps you sort out your situation to everyone's benefit.
Yes, there's always that!

It's not so important that people be poly to discuss things here. They're welcome to show up and explore the concept or find out if what they're doing is considered poly by other folks.

And we really want folks to be able to benefit from discussions here. We hope the discussions here can help in the relationships that get discussed.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:20 AM

Default Thank you!

Many of you have provided a lot of good insight. Rather than quote one, we appreciate the ideas, thoughts, and encouragement of all.

Allow me to share. This week we had a huge fight which led to a lot of emotional bleeding. We then had to apply a communicative tournaquet to stop the bleeding and carefully bandage to allow for some prolonged healing.

What did I gain from all of this? One could say no pain no gain. I wouldn't recomend anyone try the the pain part because it takes a really committed realtionship to endure it. What I would recomend is listening to your significant others' thoughts, feelings, reasons for actions, and then offering them unconditional understanding. That is the key to moving forward. Another thing we have learned is that if any of this lifestyle is new to you, baby steps are in order. Don't do what we have done and throw caution to the wind. It is kind of like learning to sail in a hurricane!