Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM

Default jmk=jen

name is jen, and my partner of 15 years kc and i are deep into the open relationship, we just haven't branched out much. he is happy with his two girls, but i am finding it difficult to find like minded people who interest me. i am 42, bi and am interested in meeting someone interested in a secondary relationship, i have found my primary.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Default intro pt. 2

ok, so persons wish to have more information in my introduction. i will try to oblige. we are jen and kc, partners for 17 years and in an open relationship for 12. we started as a monogamous couple, then kc introduced the idea of an open relationship. he is more social, more open and has been able to find 2 long term girlfriends that he is happy with. jen (i) on the other hand, is not so open, is not so sharing and has not been "out" there looking for someone actively. i am interested in finding people who have the same mindset so that, if i become friendly with someone, i can find my "other".

kc would prefer i start with a woman, as he has never had to experience the jealousy of having to share with another man, but i cannot dictate who will interest me, nor should i have to limit myself if we are truly open. i just would like to meet more people than the few that i know that are into poly relationships so that i have a wider base to "choose" from. we need to find someone who is understanding of the lifestyle and is not looking for their primary relationship in me, unless they wish to be a second primary. kc and i have 2 teenaged girls and that relationship remains my core, and he is involved in my "other" choices. if he doesn't get along with my other, the relationship won't work.

hopefully, this gives more information and insight on what we are looking for. hope to make many new friends on this forum, and thank you fayerweather for pointing me in this direction.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:47 PM

Hi! My husband and I have been married for 12 years (well 1 month shy of 12 years). We are both 36 and we live in the area of Austin, Texas. We have two children together, two dogs, a home, vehicles, and all the things a stable family has. But we feel like we are missing something. We have always had a strong, close marriage. We are the best of friends, a great team, and wonderful lovers. So there is nothing missing between us...in general. About a year ago we started teasing about having a sister wife. I would tell him no way, unless we had a 3 person relationship in all areas. We didn't know that there were relationships in this community that allowed for all of us to be together, in a relationship (call it poly, a triad, or sister wives...whatever you wish). Last month my husband and I started talking seriously about having a marriage that included a friend and lover for both of us. We began our search for a special woman a few days later.

It has been about a month since we first started looking. We have learned a few things in the last 30 days...

~There are different kinds of poly relationships.
~We do not want an open relationship with our special friend. We would like an exclusive one.
~People will take advantage of you or feed you a line of do-do, if you are not careful.
~We do not think there is one term or relationship name that describes what we are looking for. I think our relationship would be called a "sister-wife-triad."
~It is HARD work finding someone that the same kind of relationship that we are seeking. It may take a long time, we may get discouraged, but we have to continue if we are serious.
~We are open to the relationship turning into a live in relationship, if it feels right.
~We love each other more and more every day and feel so lucky to have what we have.

This brings us to the here and now. We would love to connect with women interested in the type of relationship we seek. We have no idea where to find what I see many refer to as the "unicorn." We would also like to connect with other couples, on a friendly basis, to gain support and have friends that understand us. I felt so encouraged yesterday when I found this site. I am just hoping that my husband and I are able to connect with similar people in our area. Let the journey continue!!!!

~RMS & DMS
Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 PM

Default Howdy Poly People!

Hey everyone,
I'm Tim, and i am new to these forums.

I am married to a beautiful woman, we have been together for eight years. We live together in southern Alberta. We have no children, nor any plans on having any.

I am 30, white, confident, and mature. I love to read, I ride motocross, and i work in the oilfield service industry. My wife and I travel wherever and whenever we can. I am learning spanish.

I am very analytical, so i try to voice my feelings to compensate for this. I am confident, but try to avoid being cocky. I hate the word "NO". I love to grow, change, and adapt. I could never work in an office, doing 9 to 5. Even saying it sounds like a prison sentence.

I have been in love with three different women in my life, and still hold a deep affection for all three.
My wife, first and foremost, is many ways my exact opposite. I believe the differences between us compliment our own strengths, and mitigate our weaknesses. She is the love of my life.
My closest, and longest, friend "D" has never let me get away with anything. The first to call me on my bullshit, and the first to snap me back to the real world when i need it.
Finally, "J" and i will forever be moving in different directions, but i love her just the same. She has never judged me, never thought less of me for my actions, and always supported me. A rare friend indeed.
I wouldnt give up any of these women for anything.

I hate labels, but i understand the need some have for them. I have never been romantically or sexually attracted to a man, but i wont count out the possibility. I believe it just hasnt happened yet.

I am a true blooded, chest thumping, maple syrup loving, national anthem singing Canadian, and proud to call this wonderful country home. Except i cant stand hockey.

All the best to you and yours,
Tim
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 PM

Default Personal Summary

Hi,

I am new to this forum and want to give you all a short summary of who I am.

I am female and identify myself as pansexual, even though my experience of both romantic and sexual relationships has been so far only with males. I have been poly-minded ever since I started to have the courage to think with my own little brain, and have never had a monogamous relationship. What made my "poly-awakening" rather late is my very strict and judgemental Christian upbringing. You know, the attitude "sex belongs only to a marriage and a marriage is only between an man and a woman".

At the moment I have two relationships, and feel very polysaturated with them, as both relationships are filled with love and mutual respect. The journey to this point has included open relationships, some one-night stands, a few short-term relationships and so on. Swinging never was an attractive option for me.

So now I have these two wonderful people in my life, and they are:
Husband - bisexual poly male, married and living together for a few years now, and
Lover - straight mono male, dated for a shortish time, still the full NRE going on (and love it!), he lives about a hundred miles away.

I decided to register to this forum to be able to share my happiness with like-minded people, and to get support when in the future there undoubtedly will be struggles in life. Am not very open with my life situation in everyday life, so it is a relief to discuss these things online.

-Nadya-
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 PM

Default Poly stuck in rural no-where

Hey Lovlies,
My name is Mallory and I have always been interested in the poly lifestyle even though I didn't really know it had a name until recently. I am 27 and Bi. My real dream is to be nicely nestled in a MFM triad but as C is very straight and admits he would be jealous if there was another man involved then I'm sticking to finding a new girlfriend. The sacrifices we make for the ones we love, right? I remember back to before C when I almost had it too... But alas it's not for everyone and a party had to not so gracefully decline.
C and I have been together for 6 years, he is 7 years older than I, and have finally recently discussed our true feelings on the subject other than the more than occasional mention of a threesome.
We live in a very rural area in New Brunswick, Canada and it's really difficult being poly here I am finding. Not only is the scene not so "hip" here but his family, I believe, would have a collective heart attack if they found out. I'm not so concerned with my family as I've always been the odd one and have always strived to do what I pleased and what made me happy.
5 years ago, after three months of dating, C and I got pregnant. Enter Bowen He's our wonderfully energetic and charismatic 4 1/2 year old adult. Since then we've also welcomed Chase, our 6 month old clown. He's gonna be a great comedian someday.
My area has a huge gay community as we are listed as the #2 (I think) biggest gay population per capital so there has to be some more polys out there to meet they're just hiding I'm choosing to believe.

Anyways, if anyone if from around me, or if anyone wants a chat I'm a stay at home, and am almost always available

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 AM

I'm Rob, straight and the most enduring of my relationship experience morphed into largely a vanilla couple, but it did not start that way…. I met her at a university gang bang and in time we became a couple. In the beginning we had a steady stream (pun intended) of male roommates for her convenience so she could focus on her studies Her sexual energy transformed to academic and business pursuits over the years, our commitment survived, but our love and sex life slowly slipped away...
I enjoy gardening, cooking, reading, writing, and conversation as well as biking and hiking again after my weight loss surgery. Although I have long identified as polyandrous, I am single and have not had a lasting partner/relationship, for a few years. I have had romantic, even poly experiences, but these were generally of the crash and burn type.
I am particularly interested in a polyandrous MFM relationship where preferably, M’s are straight but not jealous or homophobic… I am also interested to live at least part time in warmer climes and I am generally open to mobility…
I'm currently single, straight and available.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunktions View Post
Hey Lovlies,
My name is Mallory and I have always been interested in the poly lifestyle even though I didn't really know it had a name until recently. I am 27 and Bi. My real dream is to be nicely nestled in a MFM triad but as C is very straight and admits he would be jealous if there was another man involved then I'm sticking to finding a new girlfriend. The sacrifices we make for the ones we love, right? I remember back to before C when I almost had it too... But alas it's not for everyone and a party had to not so gracefully decline.
C and I have been together for 6 years, he is 7 years older than I, and have finally recently discussed our true feelings on the subject other than the more than occasional mention of a threesome.
We live in a very rural area in New Brunswick, Canada and it's really difficult being poly here I am finding. Not only is the scene not so "hip" here but his family, I believe, would have a collective heart attack if they found out. I'm not so concerned with my family as I've always been the odd one and have always strived to do what I pleased and what made me happy.
5 years ago, after three months of dating, C and I got pregnant. Enter Bowen He's our wonderfully energetic and charismatic 4 1/2 year old adult. Since then we've also welcomed Chase, our 6 month old clown. He's gonna be a great comedian someday.
My area has a huge gay community as we are listed as the #2 (I think) biggest gay population per capital so there has to be some more polys out there to meet they're just hiding I'm choosing to believe.

Anyways, if anyone if from around me, or if anyone wants a chat I'm a stay at home, and am almost always available
We have the same MFM ideal... I would love to share some experiences over the years... if only jealousy didn't exist... i am so lucky that my passion for the lifestyle is far greater... if you are interested, my name is Rob.

Last edited by bigkellyna; 02-25-2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: remove email as suggested... will be naughty latter...
Old 02-26-2013, 04:48 AM

Hi I'm Nerdy,

I've been mono all my life and have been in a mono relationship with my previously poly boyfriend for the past year. A few months ago he told me a friend of his had asked him to share a room (intimately) at an event they were both going to in a few months.

i'm currently dealing with the emotions that go along with my partner wanting to be with another person. There are some trust issues that don't deal with him (as I was previously cheated on) and others that do deal with him as I feel like this communication with this other person was done behind my back and it continues to go on while I'm making my decisions if I'm okay with this as well as some other small nuances.

I had originally thought I wanted to be in a poly/mono relationship but now I'm thinking about other people I could start relationships with but don't know if thats because I feel hurt by the situation or because its something I'm willing to explore.

This is something I'm willing to explore but haven't. It's all so new to me.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:22 AM

Default Melbourne, Australia - poly couple saying hi

Hi all. Steve and Lareesa just saying hi to all the community. We gave been living the lifestyle for 10 years. Mainly good, but sometimes the 3rd parties can't deal with your poly marriage.

Tags
polandry mfm, polyandry family