Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 02:27 PM

I am Vanessa...I am new to this website...42 years old...in a mono relationship, with a few yearly attempts down the swingers road, but that isn't the lifestyle we are looking for. We are both bi-sexual, my partner isn't as forward with that statement as I am. We have lived a mostly, peaceul and serene life for the past 11 years...music binds us together. We both have two daughters from previous relationships who love each other immensely....I feel as if his daughters were born from my heart. We are now looking into polyamory as there is so much we wish to share with at least one other, we are open to a man or woman, but want to feel a common bond of loving another together...not just physically, but emotionally as well. We want to add another dimension to our daily lives, a new memeber to our family, a traveling companion, literally and figuritively! Just beginning this journey, hoping it will prove to be a harmonious, beautiful trip!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:19 AM

Hello everyone. I prefer to be referenced by my username or as Edith. I'm a bisexual woman in my twenties. I am currently in a BDSM poly quad with one male and three females. My partners are all older than me (the closest to me in age is four years older). I have been involved in this relationship for over two years now; it is my first poly relationship. The relationship consists of myself, "Mika," "Agnes" and "Margo."

Mika is my dominant and boyfriend. He is also in similar relationships with Agnes and Margo. He has been with Agnes two-and-a-half years, me for a little over two years, and Margo for a few months now. Agnes, Margo and I consider ourselves to be sisters in our poly family.

Agnes is my first sister. She was originally in a relationship with Mika when I joined as a third member. She and I were also originally together; we formed a triad. For a large portion of the relationship we experienced a lot of conflict. We have been together and broken up twice, along with maintaining different levels of contact over time. There is possible potential for a relationship of some kind again in the future, but it is currently not manifested. Currently we are sisters and close friends.

Margo is the newest member to our family, joining us only a few months ago. She moved from another state to join us. There are still a lot of adjustments going on with her still. She is in relationships with Mika and Agnes. She and I are sisters, close friends and casual sexual partners.

Now and again we, either as a group or individuals, will maintain casual relationships with outside partners. Currently there are none.

Mika, Agnes and Margo all live together. I live separately. I am there a few of days a week. All of us generally hang out together when I am there, but Agnes and I do not stay nights together. She stays with her family while I am with Mika. Margo will split her nights between Agnes and Mika and I.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:47 PM

Default Hello All!

Hi, I'm scrumptious1969 and am poly curious. I'm a 42 year-old hetero male and live in the southeast, US. My wife and I have been married for 15 years and because of events that have transpired within the last 6-8 months, I have found myself researching what it means to be polyamorous. I look forward to sharing what helped me arrive here and reading about those with similar experiences.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:06 AM

Default Never ending search

I am Sheila and I am very much a free spirit. I have been in the swinging lifestyle for most of my life as a single woman as well as a couple. Over the years I have had a few semi (seperate households) poly relationships with couples. This type of settng is more to my liking since I am a very affectionant and loving person. My 2 kids are grown and I am a granny of 3 toddlers. So now I am looking for the right couple. I am open to a live in situation with the right couple who are secure and honest. Seems like every couple that I come in contact with have jealousy issues. I am bi for giving and receiving. Ideally I would like to find a couple in the biker lifestyle who wants a live in mate. MLH&R
Old 07-16-2012, 05:26 PM

I am single and poly curious and just started talking to a polyamorous individual about dating. I have a lot of poly friends but still trying to wrap my head around my feelings of having a poly relationship.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 AM

I don't have many presuppositions about what our life and our network of relationships will eventually look like.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:48 AM

Howdy! I'm Nalani, Lani for short, currently residing in Miami, FL. This will be my first real venture out into the actual poly community, although I have explored a bit (much to my disappointment) in my past relationships. Bisexual in nature with an equal preference to either sex.

I'm also an active member of the Pagan community here in South Florida and teach various workshops and facilitate ceremonies for those interested in ceremonial modification (I'm a professional piercer by trade and a student of anthropology with a focus on rites of passage and ritualistic modification).

I just got out of a pretty terrible crash and burn type relationship, so for the time being unattached, however I am platonically seeing a few people, I'm completely open to this lifestyle however I demand that it be approached with respect for everyone involved in a safe and agreeable manner... After doing copious amounts of research I've decided to branch out and give this thing a real go and am looking forward to, if anything at all, the opportunity to learn and grow.

Aside from that I'm an outdoorsy kinda gal, I like camping, traveling, reading (with a voracious appetite), and there's a rather large sweet spot in my heart for writing and dance, poetry and tribal fusion to be exact.

Looking forward to chatting with you all, see ya on the flip side!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:00 PM

Default New Member

Hi,

I'm 22 years old, been with my first partner for 6 years, my best friend moved in with us recently and we all discovered we were in love and began a triad polyamorous relationship about a month ago.

The biggest issue in all our lives is figuring out how to come out.
I don't want to be secretive of our relationship and neither do my other two partners.

Last edited by Buhri; 07-21-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:32 AM

Hi my name is Emma. I've been married for almost three years (anniversary is coming up super soon! ) and have been open/swinger for the last year and poly for the last 5 months or so.
I love to read, jog, watch stupid comedies, sew terribly but love it, crochet occasionally, craft, and be a goof.
I have Chronic Fatigue so I tend to come off a bit ditzy but it's just my brain fog at work.
I am a quiet introvert and prefer listening to talking until I really get to know someone but it doesn't mean I'm not interested or interesting!
My husband "D" and I have two cats, though he wishes we had a dog and since one is kinda evil, I don't blame him.
I am straightish (I have kissed women and do find them attractive, but I am generally not interested in them sexually) and my husband is bi.
So yeah, that's me in a nutshell.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:14 PM

Couple looking for a gf for both of us to enjoy, (aren't we all LOL), or at least a gf for the wife. Must be discreet, public job and kids are in the picture. We have had a few relationships that began from Adult Friend Finders. One was a longer couple relationship (both men allowing us women to have our own relationship, but they got to watch). It worked really well for us, but life got us busy and they got busy as well. Its been a few years and honestly, the new show on Showtime Polyamory, got me jealous, so here I am searching again. We are younger 35m and 29f, attractive. Not six pack fit anymore, but very active. Live in Eastern Iowa. We would love to meet and hang out first to make sure all are comfortable!

~N~

Tags
polandry mfm, polyandry family