Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 03:29 PM

Default River~~ (posting as trueRiver)

My name is River, posting on these boards as trueRiver.

Please do not confuse me with a a senior member here, who posts as River: for both of us 'River' is a chosen name, and in my case it is official as I have done a 'deed poll' under English law.

I prefer to use River with no title and no surname. (I usually spell it as River~~ online as the twiddly bits look like very slightly like a River)

I have been in poly and mono relationships, but have had the polyamorous mindset since 1984, ie since before the word was coined. I only discovered the word in May 2011, and have been catching up since with all the material onthe net that I fundamentally agree with.

I have two children, one born into an approximately poly relationship in 1987, and one born into a mono relationship in 2005.

I worship with Quakers.

I will post more here at a later date.

Last edited by trueRiver; 08-04-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: minor additions
Old 08-07-2011, 09:45 PM

I am Critter. My husband (Fish), and I have been married for 7 years. I recently admitted that I have cloistered feelings for a college roommate of mine (Devo) for at least the past 9 years (while Fish and I were dating). I was too afraid to admit these feelings to myself .. let alone anyone else.

We have formed a V. Its not perfect by any means, but it is working. She is gay, has never dated a male. I have never dated a female until her. My husband has not expressed an interest in finding a gf ... but if he does, I told him that she HAS to fit into the family dynamic. Devo is family to me. Id make her my legal wife if it were allowed. We are currently looking into things like power of attorney and other legal crap in case there is an emergency. I have two children Z and W with Fish. They both love Devo.

Devo currently lives out of state, but we try to see each other often. We were very spoiled with time together this summer.

We are very very selective of the people we tell - and that has also been hard on me. Im proud of my relationship status .. and really want to tell the world and have them accept Devo for who and what she is. Unfortunately society makes that nearly impossible.

Big smiles, by friends.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:42 AM

Default Beginning summary

I am female, i guess with a name like kimberly that isn't too hard to figure out. I am poly. I met my husband when i was 21, I am now 37. He is mono. I never explored poly love at all while we were "together." We have three children. We are married at present moment but will probably be divorced some day, we live separately, but love each other in the way that couples who have been married for 17 years grow to love each other.

4 years ago I reconnected with my first kiss. Him and I are now together. We raise my children and share a life. This is separate from my marriage. We are not married and depending upon whether the husband and I ever divorce, we may never marry, but he is my primary relationship and I am devastatingly in love with him. He is mono.

I was extremely suppressed in my marriage. I had no voice, i felt like I had no opinions, no choices. It was smothering and stifling. I never had poly love, i just engaged in lots of cheating behind his back. I now know that I was fighting to be myself for years.
Coming into my second relationship, i promised to never lie. To be open and completely honest at all times. We talk. And I mean talk. About everything, constantly. I have since learned that I am prone to poly love. I am comfortable with it. I have learned to hate myself so much less and to explore what this means.

I am currently in an on and off again relationship with someone else who is mono. Most of the time it doesnt work. Jealousy abounds. I know that I want my relationship that i have been in for 4 years to work. I also know that this other relationship has the potentional to make me happy. If it doesnt, i am fine with dissolving it. My primary is my focus.

I am not looking for anyone. I don't know that i will ever LOOK for someone. If prince charming number two comes along, FANTASTIC. If he doesn't, that is fine too. As long as the options for me to explore are always there, i am content. I want happy children who dont judge anyone for whom they choose to love. I want a happy spouse who is fulfilled and confident and comfortable. And then there is me. I want to be...captivated, consumed. I want to feel with all of my might until I can't feel anything anymore.

I am 37, brunette with brown eyes. I am attractive. I am intelligent. I am emotional. I am honest, almost to a fault. I love strongly and I love deeply and I love great.

That is me in a nutshell and I look forward to getting to know everyone here. Thank you for your time.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:54 PM

Default Dave and Dani

Merry Meet All,
We are David and Danette, we are a handfasted couple living in and around St. Augustine, FL. We are full time rv campers, planning on travelling the country soon. We were in a poly relationship with another woman that didn't work out, but we are hopeful for the future!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:52 AM

Default Hello.

I am Don. I've been married for 10 years, have two kids (ages 8 and 6), and our marriage has been poly for about two years.

My wife has had several relationships in the past two years, whereas I have had a couple of false starts coupled with some major down time from an auto accident a year and a half ago. I am currently fully recovered,and getting back into the swing of things, so to speak.

I am looking to meet people and learn, and hope to make some more like minded friends in the future.

Don
Old 10-16-2011, 01:34 AM

Smile I live in NYC and find I am part of Poly relationship

20 plus years and my wife has found a boyfriend. I am 16 years older than my wife and boyfriend is 16 years younger than my wife. We have active sex life which has gotten better since boyfriend arrived. All parties are in good shape and health. I am retired and my wife is a yoga/bodyworker. New boyfriend is bodyworker.
Wife has been open about relationship and says she loves us both and that boyfriend will find someone younger and have a family.
We have a family all grown up.
She is OK with me finding someone but since I don't work do not normally meet other women who I would get to know.
I am going to a retreat in a couple of weeks in the Catskill Mountains where I may meet like minded women. Would really like to meet women who would be into this situation because I really love my wife. I am open to loving more than one person but it will be a new experience. As you can guess I am a real senior but am very active.
I would appreciate all feedback.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:14 AM

hi, i'm rothko. i go by rothko all over the internet so unless you're looking for the painter mark rothko, i'm not hard to find. i don't purposely *announce* that i'm poly all over the place, but i'm out to my friends; i think some of them are judgmental but they're nice enough not to say anything about it.

i'm nearly 40 and married. poly is something that is kinda new to us but kinda not really at all. the hubster basically had what amounted to a poly thing in college where he and a friend were dating the same girl to the knowledge of everyone involved. while my husband and i were long-distance before we were married, i had a serious relationship with a guy in my own town and then i dated a woman briefly. and at some point after we were married, he dated a guy for a while.

so some of that was open-ish and some of it was poly; i really fell for the guy in my own town and loved him every bit as much as i love my husband. that was in like 1996, so that's quite a while ago now. other guy is happily married and i am not a part of that, which is fine. our lives just took very different directions.

this year it's become a much more prominent factor in our relationship; a friend of ours at a sex-positive party asked us if she could make out with us both and that's turned into a fun playtime date, though not a serious relationship. i just ended a brief (2.5-month) relationship with a woman not long ago. she was sooo my physical type but i ended up projecting emotional stuff onto her too, and she really just wasn't as into me as i was into her... so i learned a hard lesson there. i just fell too far too fast. and hard. ouch.

i am still looking for a female partner to be with on a serious level -- but local people only. i am not doing long-distance ever again.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:27 PM

Smile Jealous of all your choices

I hope I have a story like yours. Being heterosexual restricts me to females. My wife plays with females but her poly is a much younger man. I just met him yesterday.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:45 PM

Smile im complicated but loveable and full of passion

Hello my name is Shawna. I'm gonna lay it all on the line. I've kinda tried the poly life. I was once dating a girl and guy same time. They were dating each other too. We lived together and shared our kids and stuff. Now on to y I'm complicated. I have bipolar I am medicated and under control. I'm a single mom. No one can ever seem to get past those two facts. I have lot of passion and love to share. My problem is I can't stay with just one guy. I've tried it just don't work.I'd love to be where I could have two guys who could love me and accept me and a sister wife I love and miss the special bond two women seem to share.. some friends tell me I'm wrong others say would be perfect for me. I'm wandering if this is even a possibility. Hoping to find people who can get past my bipolar and get to know me. I promise I'm worth getting to know. So let's chat and see where it goes.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:21 PM

Question where do you live?

would like to exchange info including photos. I took bi-polar meds for 20 years now off and no need. No interest in sharing households at present time but who knows. How old are your kids?

Tags
polandry mfm, polyandry family