Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 05:39 PM

Default Now I know I'm not wierd..;~)

Hi, I'm Luckystrike, and I've always felt that I could not settle with just "one" person. And felt guilty for feeling this way.
I hope to meet others in my area that are also iso this type of lifestyle.

I live an active outdoors lifestyle, kayaking, cycling, hiking gardening and lifting.
I have never been married, or had children and made that conscious choice at 10 yrs old. I look forward to meeting ya'll!

Lucky
Old 03-17-2011, 05:43 PM

Hello all,

I'm a 20-something (bi) living with my poly boyfriend (straight) in the Northeast. In December we invited another poly straight male into the relationship and now very recently have invited another poly bi female.

We are interacting in harmony so far. I started a blog about my thoughts on our interactions. It's been really helpful so far to get my thoughts down in a diary but out there open to feedback from the poly community.

best,
The Empress
Old 03-21-2011, 02:05 AM

helllo all, or anybody listening
i've been single for the past 5 plus years, since my divorce, which was my choice even though i didn't know it at the time.

I have had a number (three, exclusive GF's) of great relationships. I've been a single guy in the LS, and as 1/2 of a couple.

My current relationship, going on two years, is exclusive. i wonder if i'm would be more comfortable with a Poly relationship?

I've read a number of books, listened to even more podcast and read a number of worthwhile websites - Cunning Minx hosting the best podcast, and "Sex at Dawn" being the most informitive book on sexuality.

I'm sure I'm not the 1st person to wonder if i might be more settleled in a poly relationship.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 AM

Default Our Story

We are a well established married couple looking for a long lasting girlfriend.
We have 3 great kids and have been married 16 years.

We are both 33 years old (born only a few hours apart) We live in Texas & have most of our lives. We got married & started a family at 17 & were still here, were stable people, but feel abnormal in the small town we live in. We've never been focused on a conventional life & understand the penalties for leading a non normal life, and raise our children to be open understanding people and to be who they are, not what society tells them to be.
We are fun and funny and like insanity but we enjoy being boring sometimes too.

We have had the experience of a triad relationship with a fantastic girl that made us all extremely happy and are looking for that happiness again with someone new, something that will last. We want a relationship, not a temporary sex partner.

We recently found someone we were just going to try sleeping with, but a relationship developed & even though that was not the beginning goal we found we liked it, For a time it was great, everyone was super happy & we were a triangle. But over time she found that she just couldn't give what we were asking for now. She was young & we knew it was a possibility & can accept that & don't want to rob her of a normal life. (Even though we really wanted her to stay with us) But in the end, she was not ready for a long term relationship & has that desire for a normal life, so after 6 months we let her go being very careful not to hurt her & to remain best of friends.

But now that we know what we liked were going to look for it again, with someone looking for the same thing, and with a better understanding of ourselves and what makes us both very happy. We want to share what we have with someone, we are good soft people & have a lot of love to offer.

We will both be using this single account as we are a team.

Were not going to say "We expect someone to have the same feelings for both of us at first" but we are patient people & will wait for relationships to fully mature. And we understand how feelings can change over time & the need for openness, communication, rules, boundaries, etc.

Meow

::Edit - After looking through the forums, it appears were looking for a Unicorn lol

Last edited by TeamD79; 03-21-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Location: Alaska. The Frozen North. The Land of the Midnight Sun.
Default LusciousPride

Im a pansexual woman, 33 years young, engaged to a pansexual male.

We have 2 daughters that live with me, and I have 1 son that lives with his father in WA.

We are cement strong, but would like to add more love to the mix. The bits dont really matter to us, as long as the love is true, deep and real.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:19 PM

Default little koi of love

Hi folks,

Excuse the title - I'm feeling a little corny right now. Tee hee.

I've been in a closed triad for 3 years. I was married to my husband for 10 years before that.

I just proposed to my girlfriend, and she said yes! Soon our man will be proposing to her as well (i expect it will go similarly). So we're on to the task of planning our wedding ceremony. We have an officiant, yay! And now we're looking for venues... and advice in regards to ceremonies.

My husband and I have two kids, and our girlfriend has 1. We all live together. It's been quite the journey bringing us all together. Life has been very fast paced and full of change the past few years, and now we are slowing down and settling into our own rhythm.

I'm very excited for the future. It's been both a lovely and challenging journey. Fwew!

Hugs!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:25 AM

Smile

I'm a mostly hippie, though sometimes yuppie, 29 y/o bisexual female living outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I recently married my best friend/boyfriend of 5 years. We both expressed our interest in a poly lifestyle pretty much immediately upon meeting. We both have pasts with other partners and find it silly to think that we should only romantically love one person. While we have participated in a swing lifestyle off and on throughout our relationship, we haven't actively sought out new relationships. We are open to the idea, though.

I'm very interested in intentional communities and feel as though a poly lifestyle would be a natural aspect of my life in that surrounding. I'm finding it harder to anticipate how I would make time for all of the important players in my life right now. We don't have any real immediate plans but are both very receptive/open to the idea of having many loves.

I'm a pretty simple girl with a passion for all things domesticated - love to play housewife/chef. I would honestly be very content barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. I like nudity and hate bras. I really enjoy baking/decorating vegan cakes/cupcakes. When I'm not working as the director of a day program for adults with developmental disabilities, I'm spending time with the family (1 kid some days and 3 kids others). I love to explore nature, make music/sing, renovate my house, garden, can and preserve, and soak up the sun. I love road trips/adventures, swimming and backpacking.

I'd like to find myself surrounded by more kindred souls. I've enjoyed reading all of the post in this thread!

Last edited by veganchick; 03-30-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:19 AM

I have been with my partner for almost 7 years now (we have one 4.5 year old mini-man) and about 1.5 years ago he offered me to open up our relationship. This was great news to me and I was amazed at his generosity and elated that he felt so secure in our relationship to take that step. This is the first time for me to be in an open relationship and I have thought long and hard about what that means to us-arriving at polyamory. It seems to be what is most in tune with who I am and who we are as a couple.
Currently I am still stuck as to how to approach a person I am interested in.........why I feel that way is actually a long story-hoping to find inspiration here to jump over my own shadow.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:06 AM

Smile Pagan n Poly

I have been pagan for over 20 years and teach and do celebrations all year long. Have just left an exclusive lesbian relationship and would like to explore poly. Know that I can love more than one person at a time. Am presently with a man after not being with one for 12 years or so. What fun! But I would like to find folks that are interested in commitment as well as fun. I have lived in Indiana now for over 20 years and would like to stay. And my spirituality is very important to me. Am looking forward to learning from this site and getting to know some of you.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Red face Zusammen!

Hello all!!

I'm Zusammen, which is German for "together" -- but don't read too much into that; I'm a linguist more than a sentimentalist, and I just like the way the word sounds

I'm 29, female, and a Canadian Kiwi.

The closest I have ever come to accurately describing my spiritual beliefs is to say that I am Chaotic Good. I am unpredictable and a little eccentric, but more than anything I hate to hurt people.

I've only identified as poly for the last year and a half or so, after 10 years of almost continuous serial monogamy. Polyamoury was a realisation more than a decision. I'm pretty darn hetero when it comes to sex, while polyamoury, for me, is about feelings, be they platonic/emotional/romantic/sexual/affectionate/familial/whatever, and about the freedom to express those feelings. I make connections frequently and easily, and recognise every connection as special and unique.

I've been with Flax, 28, mono, for just over a year.

Recently I met Ajax, who I'm really rather smitten with. I only just broke the ice with him about being poly, and actually I don't think I've even mentioned Flax to him yet, so here's hoping things will work out...

Tags
polandry mfm, polyandry family