Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 PM

This is an incredible story. Thanks for sharing this and I'm glad nothing worse happened with your Cowgirl run in. Good luck

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-09-2010, 04:32 PM

Hi there, I'm still too chickin to actually TRY polyamory although my husband and I have agreed to it and discussed it at length. No one's tried to actually enact anything yet, though. We have a unique situation in that we had a child together but had broken up beforehand. After she was born, there was a great, epic misunderstanding on the part of both of us and we spent 14 years separated and not talking. We got back together and eventually after a few years together, got married and now we are where we are now. (married two years, right before our second anniversary, husband asked to become polyamorous before I was ready ) We're both bisexual and VERY adventurous. My personal reaction to his wanting to open our relationship (insecurity, fear, deep depression) shocked even me as I'd thought I was all Ok and cool with it. Now I've come to some realizations that there are people I'd be interested in, so have really come full circle and I know this is all OK. I think. It would have been nice if he hadn't picked someone 1,000,000 times better looking than me for all this, but he did, it happened that way and there's really nothing I can do about that.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:05 PM

Hi, I'm James, a 24 year old transguy from Brisbane, Australia. I'm not currently in any kind of relationship and have only just discovered the world of polyamory. I'm pansexual, and have always felt like I would function better in a poly arrangement (although until just recently I couldn't put a name to it). As I'm still unsure of what I want, I'm just doing a lot of reading but I'm looking forward to learning how to navigate multiple relationships (while still respecting the needs and boundaries of everyone involved) so that they complement each other.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Happily married to my husband of 11 years - Wellington on these forums and others.

We have been involved in swinging in the past, but always developed good friendships out of it.

We walked through the poly door a few months ago - and its an interesting journey so far.

He is currently involved with Pengrah... the very lovely wife of Ariakas

I am open to new relationships as they come along - but nothing immenent.

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane

Last edited by marksbabygirl; 09-12-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: To update his relationship status :p
Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 PM

Default recently polycurious transgender

My nick is Natysh and i'm 21 from Italy.
I consider my self as a pansexual-transgender-polycurious-femalebody person.
Too many things? That's how I perceive my fluid identity.

I'm a student and i am attending the design class at university.

I really like travelling, meet open-minded people and -why not- fluid persons like me.
I'm new in this community, but i've always finded so much interesting this open way of relationships. Yesterday I found the name of "this open way" and now-tnx to google research-i'm here.

Any1 who wants to talk is precious and welcome
Old 08-21-2010, 06:37 PM

My name is majik (its been my name for a number of years online and in some cases RL, I have been paged in an airport by that name). I have been married for almost 13 years to a man I met online. Between us we have 4 children. All teens or almost teens. The oldest is almost out of teens. We have been poly at least in thought since we met. We are both bi. I will put more in an introduction at some later point. (Probably today)
Old 09-04-2010, 01:20 AM

Default Husband and Wife in Central Texas

My husband and I live in Central Texas. We are new to polyamory and were introduced to it by a man that I met online. I did not have a romantic interest in the man but the idea was interesting. I shyly brought it up to my husband and he told me that he had thought of the same thing before but was too scared to talk about it with me.

We are both researching polyarmory and looking for other poly couples or individuals near us. We'd like to talk about the beginning of a poly relationship and how it can affect a marriage.

I am 28 and he is 30. We have been married for almost two years. We have experience with an open marriage while he was stationed in Iraq for a year. We'd love to get to know other people around us or even have support on starting an alternative lifestyle.

We look forward to meeting all of you!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 AM

Smile We are 1 man and 2 women living in Orlando, FL

We are one man (62) and two women (57 and 40) respectively. In addition to the poly aspect of the trio, the women also enjoy the sexual aspect of the "daddy factor" as our man is the eldest of us.

In addition to his two women, he's been friends with a woman for 25 years with whom he's been platonic because he can't stand the condition of her body. He has publicly referred to it as being too flaccid for him. Recently, in order to compete with the reality that he has two women, his old female friend became extremely sexual with him and wants him to leave the trio and become monogamous with her.

Leaving the trio is an impossibility for him because the two women in his trio, quench his sexual drive in ways that no one woman can. The 57 year old for instance, is a woman he's still deeply in love with and to whom he was engaged for a year. Emotionally, he's still extremely attached to her and refers to her as his soul mate and refuses to let her go.

He enjoys the friendship he has with his old platonic friend of 25 years enough to agree to have sex with her but he doesn't love her enough to give the two women up and become a monogamous man to her. More importantly, her friends and devoutly religious siblings would be horrified at the idea that their sister were to have unprotected sex with a man that already has two women.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Default Poly Newbies in England

My wife and I currently live in Oxfordshire, England, have been married for 24 years, and are both nearing 50 (still a year out!). We truly are best friends, and it's a lovely marriage. During it, we have had one or two friends join in for brief dalliances, but nothing long-term (although there was a distinct possibility of that early on, but poorly handled by yours truly, really —*young and stupid).

We've recently begun exploring the poly life, realising that we were both missing something in our relationship — her, perhaps a bit more spirituality, and me requiring maybe a bit more attention and — well, just a little something different.

My wife now has a friend whom she sees on a regular basis, and I'm working on a long-distance relationship with a wonderful woman I met on-line, and whom I recently met in person for the first time in a rather idyllic setting. Her life is a bit difficult at the moment, but we work hard at supporting each other, and hope for a future that at least includes the occasional visit — if not something more.

What am I looking for here? Advice, perhaps friendship, perhaps more. We'll see. Anyway, it's nice that this board exists.

Last edited by tanru; 09-14-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Default Hello, nice to meet all of you.

Hello my name is GhostVixen, same on Fetlife and well in most other forums that I may already be a part of. I am involved in a very open relationship with mrfnord
he and i were introduced to this forum by a good friend. Thanks MBG for this.

We have a lot of queries curiosities and much, much more.

I have been in the fetish / BDSM community for over 12 years, I got started quite young but I have found enjoyment and peace in it that there are so many out there with the same views.

I know a lot of people do not see Polyamory and open relationships or even kink and fetishes in the same light, we all have our own opinions on how it is all right and proper, that is why I am here, to learn more to understand my feelings and to experience life and all its facets and perhaps learn more about Poly even though I know some of it, but not everything.

All in all, I am glad to be here and learn and understand more and more in this wonderful world of love and relationships.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

GhostVixen

Tags
polandry mfm, polyandry family