Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 01:54 AM

Default Greetings from Florida USA

So like pretty much everyone else posting in the introductions thread, I am new here. I am married 25 years, a successful escapee from fundamentalist Christianity, with two adult kids who turned out to be pretty cool despite some early years of indoctrination. Somehow my wife and I have managed to continue changing together and have stayed together, pretty happily overall, through a whole host of changes.

Some years ago we started exploring in the bdsm community. We found that neither of us was particularly sadistic or masochistic, but we really liked the level of communication and open mindedness we found in that community. We were also introduced to the idea of polyamory and started attending a poly meetup group.

To summarize and keep this short, we read the usual books, did the usual unicorn (in our case, male) hunting, tried swinging and found it lacking (especially my wife), and had a polyamory related meltdown. And we closed it up for a couple of years. But we kept attending that poly meetup group.

Currently my wife has a relationship going with a coworker that is a couple months old and going strong. There has been a lot to negotiate our way through, but we seem to be much better prepared than the first time. I still have a lot to learn and this seems like a good place to do some of that learning.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Nonentity,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sounds like you have had some ups and downs on the way to poly. I think it's particularly cool that you stayed with that poly meetup group. Hopefully Polyamory.com will be an added source of input and answers for you. Let us know of your thoughts, questions, and concerns.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:13 PM

Hi Nonentity - welcome to the Forum! We have a lot of experienced and knowledgeable polyfolks here, and most of them are are generally friendly and helpful with lots of sound advice. Best of luck on your poly journey! Al
Bouncingbetty: ldr girlfriend to Al99, poly, bisexual female, early 30's
Ben: Becky's medium-ldr bf, heterosexual male, 40's

My Introductory Post - An Unexpected Introduction to Poly.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 PM

Thank you for the kind greetings. I have lurked as a guest for a little while and I appreciate the time so many members spend sharing their experiences with others. I am looking forward to learning more.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:02 PM
Official Greeter