Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 07:53 AM

What's happened John, or is it too private?

We do similar thanks giving things... I think people do most of their traveling to get home to families at Christmas though.

It has a bit of a different history as far as I know. Not so much about pilgrams but more about being thankful for the harvest. It follows harvest time. We are geographically more northern so our harvest is at a different time of the year.

thanks for asking
Old 11-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Smile Reflections on Thanksgiving

Hi Redpepper,
We don't know exactly what date the pilgrims (some of whom were my ancestors) celebrated the first Thanksgiving. We do know that they had survived, barely, through the sea voyage to the New World, disease, and famine, for over a year in this strange new land.

They thanked their God, that first Thanksgiving, but they also invited and acknowledged the First Nations people who had taught them how to grow corn, etc. It may have been the first and last time the colonialists ate in peace with the local First Nations, whom they exterminated within 100 years.

So today I am giving thanks to all the people, including you my new polyfriends, who have helped me. I thank the First Nations for teaching my ancestors survival skills. I also thank the entire Biosphere for supporting and caring for me. It is really a Happy Thanksgiving! make it a good one,
John
Old 05-19-2011, 01:31 AM

to me it seems as though things are unbalanced with you relationship, she has another but you don't is that real poly or are you just excepting of the face that she sees other men? If you really are into poly, why don't you try to approach female you know that you like and start your own outside relationship? if it's ok for her to see other men then surely it should be ok for you to see other women/men (what ever you want.) If that's not ok then maybe your not poly, your just allowing her to cheat on you. For this type of relationship to work it has to be best fit, not all equal because it may never be that way, but something that works for you

Good luck mate I'm new to this too