Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-31-2014, 03:23 AM

Every person in our household is ADD. so I am well versed in managing it. Raising five ADD children to be productive adults who manage their own affairs required I learn to manage my own AND how to tailor the lessons for each of them regarding their individual weak points.

I haven't kicked GG out, because doing so won't remove him from my life. We have children.
I have limited "boyfriend privileges" to basically nothing. Ecause he needs to deal with his shit.
I see some changes, so I continue watching. But-I dont return privileges just because there is "some" progress. He has very specific and clear cut expectations from me. He can meet them or not. But he can't have me as a real and true "girlfriend" unless he meets them.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Official Greeter

So LR, even though I normally avoid blogs like the plague, I thought it was high time I at least vaguely acquainted myself with your challenges and triumphs over the past few years. Hope you don't mind if I skimmed a lot, but I think I got the basic idea.

So, most of the really bad drama is in the past, and 2013 was a relatively good year. It sounds like the main problem at the moment is that GG isn't doing so well at getting his priorities straight and is kind of letting his employer walk all over him.

And I know from Facebook that you guys have been vacationing in sunny California for a few weeks. Looks like everyone's having a super fun time.

Thank you for sharing so much of your life on this blog, and can I just say I think it's awesome how much progress Maca has made; it seems like he's learned so much and has developed a really cool attitude about things.

I'll do a better job of following your blog in the future and will no doubt have brilliant remarks to add here and there.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:17 PM

I was so glad to be able to meet up with you when you were at Disneyland. I had a great time.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:37 AM

I am very glad we got a chance to meet up! It's been an amazing trip! I've had a very good time and I think Sour Pea has as well. Good memories all around!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:40 AM

Hey Kev-Sour Pea and I are on vacation and it's been AWESOME! I have really enjoyed the opportunity to spend some quality time with her-without the rest of the family.
I try to do that with each of the kids.

Maca has made a LOT of progress over the years, haven't we all? I think we are all in a much better place.
GG is struggling with priorities and learning how to set and maintain boundaries. Never his strong suit.
We all struggle.
We all have to learn.

In all honesty-2013 and 2014 have been good years overall.

And you are welcome to speak your mind freely here!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Official Greeter

Re:
Quote:
"And you are welcome to speak your mind freely here!"
Thank you! I will do just that.

That's a really cool idea, having special outings/vacations for each of the kids individually. I don't have lots of happy parental memories from my childhood, but one of the few is that my mom used to take each child out for Christmas shopping individually. A special day for just me and Mom (with her on good behavior!). That was nice.

Anyway, I take it you're about at the end of vacay but still there for the moment. Enjoy the rest of it and travel safely when it's time to return to Alaska.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:42 PM

We are at the airport now awaiting our first flight towards home (have a 4 hour layover in Seattle airport). Sourpea is curled up happily on the floor in front of me singing and reading her books. It makes me smile.
I was fortunate in having 6 years alone with my oldest. When I married it was quickly noticable to both of us how much intimacy we lost by bein part of a busy family.
So i have made it a point to try to find alone time with each child each week, and making plans for little outings regularly with each as well as longer trips.
We also spend a LOT of time together (me and the two left at home now).

Sweet pea is actually heading home today also from a visit with my godson, just the two of them.
On the 20th he starts a road trip with my mom from Alaska to missouri. They are making plans to stop in a variety of special places along the way including Vancouver, Seattle, the redwoods in Cali, possible a stop in napa to check out Safari West (very awesome experience) and dinner at downtown disney (so he can hear the live bands on the road) and then route 66. Should be exciting.

If visas work out he will be going to Brazil with my in laws around christmas. Another once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Hunting camp is in September for 10 days. Thats generally sweetpea and maca. sourpea and I try to pop in over a weekend and sometimes take Peanut (grandson)
Old 08-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Official Greeter

Jeezh! You guys sure keep busy.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
They are making plans to stop in a variety of special places along the way including Vancouver, Seattle, the redwoods in Cali, possible a stop in napa to check out Safari West (very awesome experience) and dinner at downtown disney (so he can hear the live bands on the road) and then route 66. Should be exciting.
Route 66 (aka: I-40) is nothing but dirt until you get near Flagstaff, AZ :P. Those kind of trips with the grandparents are the best.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:20 AM

Oh I know-I told her she was batshit crazy for wanting to drive route 66. I did it with my dad on my nitemare trip, summer of 2010. FUCK THAT SHIT! LOL.
But-she's determined and Sweet Pea is happy to truck along with her. So who am I to put a stop to their craziness? LOL!

Tags
commitment, family oriented, love, lovingradiance, progress, v formation, vee dynamics